For Shenmue 2 wanters with games to trade

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kleist, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

GameStop (formerly Funcoland) is gettin in Shenmue 2(UK). I've been lazy and haven't ordered my copy, so I'm gonna trade in some games and DVDs to get the price down. Base price is $60 (cheapest import after shipping is a little over $50)

They expect their copies around 12/6

2. MathewM

MathewM Stunt Coordinator

Well Gameplay UK has shipped my copy...after I canceled my order. With just purchasing an xbox, I was going to hold off for next years superior release, however, I might go ahead and break it out and play it as a 'farewell' game to my dreamcast. Even with all the great prices on DC software, I don't see myself picking up any more games. The Xbox so far, is that good.

What I need though is a bootdisc. Surely, some of these game stores that are stocking import releases will have DC-X or something. I also heard that you can download the necessary files and burn your own disc. Anyone with links and instructions?

Thanks.

3. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

The problem with a link to a bootdisc is that the sites that have it are mainly about loading pirate games, so outside the scope of the forum. Finding a DC Emulation site should set you on the right route to one however. I think the only legal way to get a bootdisc is DC-X though.

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Actually, GameShark CDX allows you to play import games. Luckily, I have one.

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I use the Utopia boot loader, works fine on my 2 Japanese games, I hear it works fine on this one. It's about 2MB off any number of sites

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer