What's new

Foo Fighters Live DVD to be released this fall (1 Viewer)

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
For any Foo fans here, just wanted to let ya know that foofighters.com have officially announced that the live DVD, entitled "Everywhere But Home" will be released this fall. Other sources I hear, have said as early as November 14th. Lets hope that date sticks.

Currently all that is know, is that it will feature about three hours of footage from the 2002-2003 tour. I know the Toronto show, which I attended, had a camera crew. And as that show was amazing, except some footage from there. I also hear a venue in Dublin was recorded, as were others around the world. If there is interest in this title, I'll do some research as to where those where, or if anyone knows. Please add it here.

Well, that's it for now.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I got more updates for those who care. First the cover art:

And some more info. The new release date is November 25. The DVD will be avalible in a standard DVD case, or a Jewel case.

The confirmed performances will be the Foo's August 23rd gig at Ireland's Slane Castle, and the full, tho audio only, gig in Reykjavik, Iceland. Among the twenty-plus tracks on the DVD are "All My Life," "Everlong" (full-band and acoustic), "Times Like These," "Monkey Wrench," "Breakout," "Stacked Actors," "Aurora," "Hey Johnny Park!," "The One," "For All the Cows," "All My Life," "Learn to Fly," "My Hero" and "Low."

mike caronia

Second Unit
sweet! looking forward to this. thanks.
kinda hoped they would have some of their halloween performance from last year on there.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^You never know. The original info from the official Foo newsletter said footage from the 2002-2003 tour. So something from that performance may make it on the disc.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
More info about this release from the official Foo newsletter:

"Everywhere But Home," the Foo Fighters first full length DVD will include 20-Plus Full Tracks consisting of Electric and Acoustic performances from 5 different shows on the 2002-2003 World Tour!

In addition to a full length concert from Toronto with 5.1 DTS audio, you'll get behind the scenes footage, exclusive Tour Photo Galleries, Web links with continuously updating calendars and info, and an audio-only version of their first concert ever in Reykjavik! Be sure to check it out!
I'm very happy to see the full Toronto show made it on there, it was an amazing show. And who can complain about DTS?!

Likewise, the newsletter is confirming the November 25th release date.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Awesome.
Between this, the new Pearl Jam DVDs, and the new STP DVD my HT's on concert overload this fall.

JQ

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Here is the full tracklisting from the DVD:

Toronto:
1. All my Life
2. My Hero
3. Breakout
4. Have it All
5. Generator
6. Learn to Fly
7. For all the Cows
8. Stacked Actors
9. Low
10. Hey, Johnny Park
11. Monkey Wrench
12. Times Like These
13. Aurora
14. Tired of You
15. Everlong

Washington, D.C.
1. Doll
2. See You
3. For all the Cows
4. Everlong

Slane
1. All My Life
2. Everlong

Reykjavik - Audio Only (on the Dvd itself-no extra cd)
1. All My Life
2. The One
3. Times Like These
4. My Hero
5. Learn to Fly
6. Have it All
7. For all the Cows
8. Breakout
9. Generator
10. Stacked Actors
11. Low
12. Hey Johnny Park!
13. Monkey Wrench
14. Aurora
15. Weenie Beenie (yay!)
16. Tired of You
17. Everlong

Photo Galleries

--------------------

[EDIT: Originally I had stated that they cut 'This is a Call' and 'Enough Space' from the Toronto show, this is wrong. I read the wrong set list, and frankly that entire concert is a blur for me. The only song that was cut from the show is 'The One'.]

Also there is an article in Kerrang about a second Foo DVD coming out next year, here is the article:

Foo Fighters will release their first ever DVD, 'Everywhere but Home.' this week. The DVD features footage from their recent 'One by One' tour, taking in shows from Toronto, Iceland and an acoustic performance at the Black cat Club.

"These days bands finish a record and then 2 months later there's a home DVD out there!" Says frontman Dave Grohl. "We've waited nearly 10 yrs to do anything. I was watching it in my room yesterday. We wanted to make sure we captured something and I think we did. It's really pretty great."

Next year, Foo Fighters will celebrate their 10 yr anniversay. To celebrate the event, the band will release another DVD with rare, early footage and their promo videos spanning their entire career.

"It'll tell the whole story and have lots of bonus, candid footage". he reveals."It's not signifying the end of the band, though. But i like to tell people we're breaking up and that we're doing a re-union tour next summer!"
Everywhere But Home is released on November 24 and will cost £17.99.
Good news I think.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
After April 1994, who would've ever guessed that 10 years later we'd think of Dave Grohl as anything other than the former drummer of Nirvana? I'm amazed at what he's done - and proud, since he's a local boy made good! :D I can't wait to get a gander at the disc...

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I came upon these by accident, but here are some DISGUSTINGLY high res images of both the DVD Cover, and the Jewel case cover for the DVD. Mind you, these are big, if you have a 56k modem, get some popcorn:

DVD Cover

Jewel Case Cover

Enjoy. The DVD will be out in three days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks