Following cancelled ? :( (Christopher Nolan's first movie)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by tyler O, Aug 28, 2001.

1. tyler O

tyler O Stunt Coordinator

Here I was awaiting my pre orders for today, when I went over to DVDPlanet's webpage to check on the status of my orders. Lo and Behold, I click on Following (Nolan's pre Memento piece) and it says that there is no longer a listing for it. My BP rising, I pick up the phone and gratefully dialed their customer service representative where I was told that Following had been cancelled on August 23rd. I checked most other on-line vendors, and it is either gone, or in the case of Aamazon, has a date of September 4th. [​IMG] [​IMG] And I was so looking forward to this title. Here's hoping it will be picked up by someone else or cross promoted with Memento.
    ------------------
    Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

2. tyler O

And now I know why... No one cared. [​IMG] Here's to hoping for the future.
    ------------------

3. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

4. tyler O

I was just referring to the lack of responses in a 23 hr 56 minute time period. This was my single most anticipated title to come out this month. I can only hope that it does come out one day. The extras look great and the only thing I could see that would/could cause it to be cancelled was lack of pre-orders or a possible future tie in with Memento. [pure abject speculation with no basis in reality or facts whatsoever] Maybe with the Memento SE? [/paswnbirofw] Only time will tell. I'll gladly part with my money for it though.
    ------------------

5. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

I saw this film on VHS and it's extremely well done and a wonderful companion to Memento. Amazon still lists it at Sept 4th but I seriously doubt it will be released. Here's hoping.
    Doug
    ------------------

6. Winston Smith

Winston Smith Auditioning

Just a heads up for anyone interested in seeing this film who lives near Doylestown, Pennsylvania. It will be playing at the County Theater as part of their Cinematheque film series. September 26, 27, 30 and October 1. Check http://www.countytheater.org for more info.

7. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

Amazon now lists it at December 11th. Ouch, but it's worth the wait. Great movie and perfect companion to Memento.
    Doug
    ------------------