What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Fletch-Any News? (1 Viewer)

Ira Siegel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ira Siegel
The previous DVD release of "Fletch" has been out-of-print for some time. Any news on a new release?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
FYI: The old version of Fletch has been showing up in Wal-Marts (look for a display of $4.88 Universal Studios DVDs).

Ira Siegel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ira Siegel
Thanks, Patrick!!
Unfortunately, my "neighborhood" Wal Mart did ot have "Fletch" or the Universal display. Perhaps these "Fletch" DVDs will surface at Best Buy, Circuit City or Tower Records?

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Hopefully Universal revisits this one soon with a SE. And I'll charge it to Mr. Underhill's credit card.

Jake Yenor

Stunt Coordinator
Fletch Won with Zach Braff is planned for a 2006 release(or is it 2007?) Most likely a SE would come out around then.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Probably will be paired with FLECTH LIVES for a Franchise Collection disc at one point. That seems to be the Universal thing to do. It is too late to announce a 20th Aniv. SE.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I checked NewsAskew, and indeed, as of October, he wasn't attached anymore.

As for whether or not that's a good thing, I don't know. After reading the books, I realised that the movies don't resemble them at all. Fletch is a real bastard in the books, and Smith and Lee could have really brought out that aspect of the character.

Jason

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

This is pretty harsh considering that there would be no "Fletch" project in development at all if not for Kevin Smith.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks