What's new

Fixing scratched TV screens (1 Viewer)

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
I don't know if it's possible, but is there any way to fix a TV screen that has a scratch (actually a goudge would be more accurate)in it. My girlfriend has a direct view TV that has had the screen goudged at some point. It's not too distracting but sometimes it is rather annoying. I was wondering if the stuff they use to fix car windshields would work.
Has anyone ever done this or found some other way to fix it?
------------------
rock_band.gif
"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
The only way to fix it is to replace it unfortunately. Any rubbing will only make it worse. The screen material is more complex than it looks - that's why it's so expensive!
------------------
John Golitsis
Next Big Thing Electronics

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen in person a windshield repaired with one of those resin products advertised on TV but it is worth a try on the glass TV screen front provided the screen does not have a coating for glare reduction or whatever.
Even if the glass is tinted which it usually is, the resin patch probably won't show due to that. If it is coated, you will see the patch when the set is off although it won't be too obvious when you are watching TV.
The picture tube is very expensive to replace otherwise.
Other video hints:http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcvbszdfzsfsa
Recent bookmarks