What's new

Finished Speaker Project (MBOW1s) (1 Viewer)

TedS

Agent
Since this is where I first got the idea of building my own speakers, I decided I should post the results of my first effort. I finished my first speaker project just before Christmas, The design is Dennis Murphy's MBOW1 two-way monitor. Dennis is highly regarded on the Madisound audio discussion board as one of the best crossover designers.

Anyway, see the link for my diy page. It has pictures of the assembly process and the finished speakers.

Anyway, these speakers are very clear and natural sounding. I'm not an experienced "critical" listener (these replace Bose 301's :b , and I've only listened to the Paradigm & B&W types briefly), but these are the best speakers I've heard. Dennis deserves his reputation.

Let me know what you think, and I hope others might give diy speakers a try (in case you get bored of building subwoofers;) ).

Ted

TedS

Agent
Thanks for the compliments, guys. I have to give credit where it is due, though. Not having much woodworking experience, I had a fellow make them for me (and for a great price considering the quality of his work!). There's no way I could have made something look as good as these boxes do. I can only take credit for following the crossover schematics and putting it all together.

Without downplaying the look of these speakers, I do think the sound is at least as good the look!

Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks