What's new

Finally...Scream Factory will release THE HOUSE THAT DRIPPED BLOOD (Amicus) in May (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Digital Bits has said that this wonderful Amicus film, one of the few remaining omnibus holdouts from the studio on Blu-ray, is coming in May:

www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/020518-1500

Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, Ingrid Pitt, and many more. Many thanks, Scream Factory! Also coming that same month from them are DR. BLOOD'S COFFIN and THE VAMPIRE BALLERINA.

I'm in celebration mode. Been championing a Blu release of HTDB, ever since Severin dropped the ball on it following their own announcement of this title years ago (but Severin can vindicate itself in spades if they actually get THE CHANGELING out this year).

Last edited:

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
HTDB.BR.Cover.72dpi.png

Release Date: May 8th, 2018

Pre-order available for $23.99 at https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/the-house-that-dripped-blood?product_id=6672

Synopsis
"This Amicus production is one of the very best..." – The Bloody Pit of Horror.com

"A real treat" – The Terror Trap

A Scotland Yard inspector's search for a missing film star leads him to a haunted house. The house sets the framework for four separate tales of terror written by the author of Psycho, Robert Bloch, and starring horror icons Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and Ingrid Pitt. All four stories center on the mysterious fates of tenants who have leased the mansion over the years.

Product Information
DISCS 1
RUN-TIME 102 min
ASPECT RATIO 1.85:1
COLOR Color
LANGUAGE English
REGION A
RATING PG
PRODUCTION DATE 1971
CLOSED-CAPTIONED No
SUBTITLES English

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I saw the Great News on Bluray.com. yesterday. Finally !!! Been waiting for The House That Dripped Blood for a long time. My Favorite Amicus movie ! Lee, Cushing and a Good cast. May 8th ! : ) .... I Hope it's a Nice Transfer.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
I saw the Great News on Bluray.com. yesterday. Finally !!! Been waiting for The House That Dripped Blood for a long time. My Favorite Amicus movie ! Lee, Cushing and a Good cast. May 8th ! : ) .... I Hope it's a Nice Transfer.

It is a very nice transfer.
Shout/Scream did a very good job making this look as I remember. While it was filmed with much diffusion as was a thing at the time, this transfer looks really nice and with excellent color.

Like the top notch Blu-ray from Shout/Scream "Tales from the Crypt" (also with Peter Cushing), I would like to see more films of this era getting this level of quality work.
I was really disappointed with the recent Blu-rays from another company who did "Asylum" & "And Now the Screaming Starts" as the color and clarity and overall transfer for those two was much better (and cleaner) on the old DVDs.

I'll give high-fives for letting Shout/Scream people handle these films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks