What's new

Final Destination (2000) (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Rented this over the weekend and found it very painful to watch.

Even though this is fictional, it comes way to close to the real trajedy of the TWA flight that blew up; even the flight path: NY to Paris was the same.

Considering this was made after the real crash, I found it very difficult to watch.

I am not sure why they mirrored the real crash, but in my book they really did the wrong thing!

The rest of it was pretty awful too.

DennisTuck

Grip
What were you smokin' when you came to these conclusions?

spoilers below...you've been warned

FINAL DESTINATION is a bad horror teen film about Death as a character coming back for the people in its divine plan after one character gets a flash of insight and saves several people from a plane explosion. And forgive me if I'm wrong, but the plane doesn't even get away from the terminal before it goes boom, so I think that the fact that a French class was going to ... surprise ... France really doesn't make a meaningful real life comparrison.

If you wanna feel bad, feel bad that you wanted your money on a bad movie.

DT

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Bad movie yes, but this thread should be in the movies area.
Peace out~:D

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I must be alone in the fact that I kinda enjoyed this flick. I saw it for the cast though. I remember seeing it in theaters with, The Skulls :) Kinda like how Cruel Intentions & Varsity Blues were playing together.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
I thought the film had it's moments. It was a better-than-average attempt. It was MUCH more entertaining than the incredibly stupid I Know What You Did... and it's sequel.

Pete B.

Stunt Coordinator
Grant,

Did you have some kind of connection to the actual TWA disaster that would conjure up memories of that tragic event?

Pete

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
maybe it's just me but I found a lot of similarities between the two.
Did you have some kind of connection to the actual TWA disaster that would conjure up memories of that tragic event?
I am an aerospace engineer so I guess I know more about it than most people.
One of the weirder and sadder parts of that crash was the wiring that they said caused the crash. Lockheed pulled that wire off their missiles in the 70s for the very same reasons.
You would think that Boeing would have done the same for civilian aircraft....guess missiles are more important
I have nothing against bad 'teenager gets impaled by strange impliment' movie, I just found it strange and disturbing.
guess it's just me

Chris Lock

Second Unit
I did enjoy how the movie uses John Denver's music to foreshadow death, even though I'm a pilot (as he was) & like his music.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
FWIW, according to the trivia page at Link Removed, some footage used was actual footage from the flight 800 disaster. So, frankly, I don't see it as being all that big a stretch that this film causes some bad memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks