What's new

Fear the Walking Dead Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Travis earned some points with me by saying what needed to be said to Madison, who in turn said what needed to be said to Alicia.

Chris, however, needs to die in the finale. It's not just that he's a stone cold killer -- some of our best protagonists on the mothership are stone cold killers. It's that he thinks ruthlessness is the only valuable commodity now. That makes for some bad decision making, and bad choices in allies.There's a Goldilocks zone between Chris and Travis where people who are equipped to survive the zombie apocalypse long term fall into.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Chris, however, needs to die in the finale. It's not just that he's a stone cold killer -- some of our best protagonists on the mothership are stone cold killers. It's that he thinks ruthlessness is the only valuable commodity now.
Yeah, he was a kid who was swept up in and warped by a terrible situation but now he's just a predator like any of the other assholes that we've seen in this and the original series so I won't be sad to see him go. I'd also point out that if people are rooting for a main character who is also the son of the most decent guy on the show to die, the writers made a big mistake with that character somewhere along the line.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Good episode this week, actually. Conflict and drama which was actually interesting. Chis is embracing his asshole teenager stage.

It seems that the writer forgot what show they were writing for. Once again - no fear of walkers to be had. Perfectly good farmhouse - let's camp outside in the barn. Group of people demanding to be let in to the hotel - their only concern is electricity. If this were TWD someone would have been watching from an upper floor and saw a mass of zombies heading toward them and raced to let the people in, but not before a few casualties were had. But, no, they just let them in.

I don't know that there should be THAT many people or zombies around. Presumably, Mexico either evacuated their cities or bombed them which would have decreased the city population. Plus, I think it's been about two months at this point so plenty of the zombies could have wandered away from Rosarito in that time.

Maybe, but again, this is a show about the zombie apocalypse, and there aren't any zombies at all. All we saw were three wandering the beach, which looked like an afterthought shot.

Travis brings up another point - time frame. The show is presenting as if it's two months, I agree, but in reality it's probably only been 2-3 weeks. Make that 3-4 weeks, only because Travis said it's been a week that they waited for their friend to heal - which, really, is a huge jump in time for this show! Everything up to when they got to the hotel was maybe two weeks at best. Given this show was to be about the time when Rick was in a coma and the world collapsed they are certainly avoiding showing that happen.

I'm still out after the finale. Unless they get a new showrunner as someone suggested earlier, I see no reason to continue with this.

I just looked up the ratings for this show. They started this season with 6.67 million viewers. Their low point was 9/4 with just under 3 million. That's a huge drop! It's crept back up to 3.6 last week. S1 has 7.6 million viewers.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I just looked up the ratings for this show. They started this season with 6.67 million viewers. Their low point was 9/4 with just under 3 million. That's a huge drop! It's crept back up to 3.6 last week. S1 has 7.6 million viewers.[/QUOTE]

But for AMC anything above 1.5 million viewers is good. They Just renewed Turn: Washington's Spies for a third season and it ended with 1.9 million viewers which made it the number 10 show on AMC. Fear the walking dead even with the ratings decrease is still the number 4-5 show on AMC and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It was renewed for season 3 after season 2 premiered and is all but a lock to be renewed for a season 4. I know its a show that people love to hate; which I don't get - just the pitfall of any spinoff show I guess. Its not as good as Walking Dead but it is getting better and closer to Walking Dead. It offers a different feel and different ideas compared to Walking dead. This is one of the few shows I look forward to watching on my DVR each week instead of feeling compelled to watch just to clear disc space.
Its infinitely better than mindless, limited story shows like Z-Nation -_-

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Its not as good as Walking Dead but it is getting better and closer to Walking Dead. It offers a different feel and different ideas compared to Walking dead.
Yeah, I like that this show is somewhat different from the original but it seems like they need to pick up the pace and they need to get rid of characters that don't work. I think they have a solid cast (Kim Dickens is always awesome and the rest of the case is certainly interesting*) and with the right changes, I can imagine watching this show getting really good.

* Even the guy playing Chris is doing good with a thankless role playing a character that the writers seem to want the audience to hate rather than have understanding or sympathy for.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Chris, however, needs to die in the finale. It's not just that he's a stone cold killer -- some of our best protagonists on the mothership are stone cold killers. It's that he thinks ruthlessness is the only valuable commodity now. That makes for some bad decision making, and bad choices in allies.There's a Goldilocks zone between Chris and Travis where people who are equipped to survive the zombie apocalypse long term fall into.

He kind of reminds me of Shane from TWD, just needs to shave his head:eek:. Please get rid of him.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That was exactly the right way for Chris to die; he made a series of bad decisions, teamed up with the wrong people, and then died when they acted exactly as they'd shown themselves to act.

I was gratified that the Colonia made the smart play and took off for greener pastures instead of sticking around to be slaughtered. And Alejandro, near to death, moving the bus was very gratifying as the cartels' coup quickly became a Pyrrhic victory.

Glad to see Alicia finally kill a living breathing person. It was also nice to see Travis finally accept the nature of this world in a flurry of unthinking, brutal revenge. Poor Oscar should have just stepped back.

I can understand why the refugees in the parking garage were pissed. There's, like, hundreds of vacant rooms in that hotel.

Interesting to see Madison admit that she got into the murdering game well before the zombie apocalypse.

I know I'm damning the show with faint praise here, but this was probably the best pair of episodes yet, certainly the best episodes since Los Angeles fell.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
That was exactly the right way for Chris to die; he made a series of bad decisions, teamed up with the wrong people, and then died when they acted exactly as they'd shown themselves to act.

I was gratified that the Colonia made the smart play and took off for greener pastures instead of sticking around to be slaughtered. And Alejandro, near to death, moving the bus was very gratifying as the cartels' coup quickly became a Pyrrhic victory.

Glad to see Alicia finally kill a living breathing person. It was also nice to see Travis finally accept the nature of this world in a flurry of unthinking, brutal revenge. Poor Oscar should have just stepped back.

I can understand why the refugees in the parking garage were pissed. There's, like, hundreds of vacant rooms in that hotel.

Interesting to see Madison admit that she got into the murdering game well before the zombie apocalypse.

I know I'm damning the show with faint praise here, but this was probably the best pair of episodes yet, certainly the best episodes since Los Angeles fell.

Haven't watched it yet, but so glad Chris goes. I only hope Nick follows him. Two very annoying characters.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I agree. It seems like they've corrected a number of the problems that I saw with the show so hopefully it can be consistently good next season.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Watched very little of this season, IMO, eliminating Ruben Blades was a bad idea. He was the most interesting character, at least to me, on the whole show. Pretty much dislike or despise all the other characters.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Watched very little of this season, IMO, eliminating Ruben Blades was a bad idea. He was the most interesting character, at least to me, on the whole show.
By far. I just assumed he'd be back by the end of the season and I guess he may still return (maybe he's being held by the crazy 'border patrol' or Dayton Callie & he will be reunited with his daughter) but he's desperately needed.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Haven't watched it yet, but so glad Chris goes. I only hope Nick follows him. Two very annoying characters.
Don't see Nick happening anytime soon. If Chris is the Shane of this show (fair comparison) then Nick is the Daryl of this show. The producers apparently see it that way. While Chris was annoying Nick is my favorite character on the show and by far the most interesting.
I don't have any problem with the pacing of the show and think its pacing is on par with The Walking Dead. Season 1 of Fear moved way too fast for me. I would have preferred everything to start falling apart at the end of episode 4 instead of episode 2. What makes these shows work is the characters and plot lines. Constant Zombie action or action period would get boring after 2 seasons its the only reason why The Walking Dead has lasted so long and Fear is following the same pattern.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Watched very little of this season, IMO, eliminating Ruben Blades was a bad idea. He was the most interesting character, at least to me, on the whole show. Pretty much dislike or despise all the other characters.
He was a great character until they had him inexplicably go nuts an episode or two before the midseason finale. They should have kept him the hard-edged survivor who'd already made peace with the terrible things you have to do to survive in a world full of disorder.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Just getting into the last two episodes. I think they did the best zombie death scene ever. Two thumbs into the eyeballs by our new hero, Nick (I'm actually starting to like him). AMC certainly pushes the boundaries, can't believe that made it past the censors.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Haha, yeah, these episodes were a little gruesome for me! I'm especially squeamish about eye-related stuff. And the whole Travis stuff was really brutal.

Got more interesting as the season wore on. I'm guessing Strand is going to get kicked out of the hotel or something, because it wouldn't be an interesting storyline with him staying there.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Just getting into the last two episodes. I think they did the best zombie death scene ever. Two thumbs into the eyeballs by our new hero, Nick (I'm actually starting to like him). AMC certainly pushes the boundaries, can't believe that made it past the censors.
If that was in a movie, the MPAA would probably give it an NC-17 but it's totally cool for TV. :laugh:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Haha, yeah, these episodes were a little gruesome for me! I'm especially squeamish about eye-related stuff. And the whole Travis stuff was really brutal.

Got more interesting as the season wore on. I'm guessing Strand is going to get kicked out of the hotel or something, because it wouldn't be an interesting storyline with him staying there.

So nice to hear from a woman. This forum is about 99.999% guys.:D

Interesting that we both received the random title of "Producer". I've been here forever, but you're over 1K posts beyond me.

To steal a line from my favorite Doctor Who character, as un-PC as it may be, "Hello Sweetie". :)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
By far. I just assumed he'd be back by the end of the season and I guess he may still return (maybe he's being held by the crazy 'border patrol' or Dayton Callie & he will be reunited with his daughter) but he's desperately needed.
Maybe they will find the long lost Morales family from Season 1 of TWD. :dance:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The season definitely improved and finished strong. Hopefully they can maintain this momentum and have a more consistently good third season.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm still out after the finale. Unless they get a new showrunner as someone suggested earlier, I see no reason to continue with this.

I'm also out. Big waste of time.

The idiot moves the bus and lets all the zombies in. Plus I'm getting really tired of reading subtitles. If I go to see a foreign film, fine, I expect it. But this is an American TV show, very annoying to have to read half of the dialogue.

Looking forward to TWD in a few weeks, but I'm dropping FTWD unless I hear some really good reviews about it when it returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks