What's new

Fantastic Four to be tv series in 2006 (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
With the new movie coming out next year, and if it does well sequels...won't the TV show impede and on the movie and vice versa? Plus, I'm not sure a TV show can generate the action, effects and stunts that will be required to bring in the movie audience. The show might be good, but it can only have a max of $2 million budget per show, as opposed to the movie having several, several times that.

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
Problem #2 is the fact that the show is only supposed to be 30 min. instead of an hour. That's not nearly enough time to tell a good story in.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I'm not sure a TV show can generate the action, effects and stunts that will be required to bring in the movie audience

It's animated. I understand the Cartoon Stunt Performers Guild works cheap.

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
I missed the line about it being animated. Must have been hiding from me since it was in bold print at the top of the article.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
:laugh:

Well, MTV did an animated Spider-Man that served as a stop-gap between the movies, this might be the same concept. I never got around to watching that show, though.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

According to one of the Family Guy commentary tracks, each episode of FG cost about $1 million.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> According to one of the Family Guy commentary tracks, each episode of FG cost about $1 million.

Much cheaper than Friends. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks