What's new

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) (1 Viewer)

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Is the extended cut available on Blu-Ray or HD-DVD? I told myself I'd never go back to DVD but I guess never say never. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
As you said never say never again :) because it's not available on Blu-Ray (and since it's released by Fox, it's definitely not on HD DVD).

Maybe Fox'll release it on BR in November or December IF FF2 comes out then in BR.

gushin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gustavo Hinojosa
Anyone surprised this sequel is getting an PG rating and not a PG-13? This is giving me some concern. Maybe an unrated cut when it comes out on DVD? Just thought it strange.

gushin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gustavo Hinojosa
Well, Dr. Doom won't be making holes in anyone this time. Or any that we'll see onscreen.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

I know what you are saying, but usually, when a BIG action film is 90 minutes long, that's never a good sign.

What was the last great action movie that was 90 min long? I really can't recall.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
its fox.. they don't have much faith in comic book movies. look at daredevil, x1, fantastic four as example. they want the movie short and to the point.. cutting out important stuff that would have helped the movie.

Jacob

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
word is they already did by making him a cloud

i havent read the book yet so that could be speculation.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
considering this comes out friday and and there is no buzz or major advertising i am sure this will be a marginal film at best. also there is yet to be a major publication that has put out a review.

i am disappointed. after that trailer with torch and silver surfer i thought that this was going to be halfway decent or at least better than the first one which i didn't think was all that bad.

:frowning:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
no advertising(major)?

i see commercials on tv every 5 miutes with the cars getting flipped over.
having to explain it to the dad or whatever.

plenty of advertising.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've seen alot of TV advertising for it. Keep in mind that it's Fantastic Four and not Spider-Man or Pirates Of The Carribean so the ad campaign isn't going to be everywhere. It seems like most reviews this summer have been coming out closer to the release of the movie. From the studio's point of view, what's the point in a newspaper giving the movie free publicity when the movie isn't out for another week and a half. Especially when most movies (good or bad) don't even stay in the public's mind for more than a week any more.

CoreyII

Second Unit
I'm staying very optimistic about this movie. The most recent trailer looks very interesting. Considering how disappointing Spider-Man 3 was, I wouldn't be surprised if Rise of the Silver Surfer turns out to be the best Marvel Film of 2007. Stranger things have happened.

I haven't completely seen all of Ghost Rider, so I not sure just how good or bad the film is. Word of mouth from reviewers, family, and friends is that the film is just o.k.

Diallo B

Screenwriter

perhaps it is market specific. don't get me wrong. i see some advertising. i don't watch a whole lot of tv but when i do i cant avoid a transformers commercial. it isn't like that with this movie. seems odd considering that this is a sequel and transformers has yet to be released in live action at all.

i actually really want this movie to be good. as an undercover comic book collector (3000+ and counting) i have great hopes for a movie based on a comic book. it just seems that this one is going the route of other movies that turn out not to be so good.

1. advertising less than desired (at least in my market).
2. little to no buzz.
3. no major publication reviews out and only 4 days left till the release.
4. actors not really making any appearances promoting the movie.
5. no one seems to be talking about the movie.

usually a formula for a less than desired movie.

i hope i am wrong...................

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think you must be sheltered somehow. I've seen a ton of television advertising, Chris Evans and Jessica Alba have done numerous promos/interviews, and there's a feature on Ioan Gryffud in the new EW.

It's not complete saturation like Spiderman but, as others have pointed out, this isn't a billion-dollar franchise, either.

Ruslan

Stunt Coordinator
Just saw this at London preview screening!
Really enjoyed it! Light fun, great action and superb effects. OK, Alba still can't act and Julian McMahon is the least scary villain I've seen for a while. But the Surfer is great and even the design of Galactus makes sense within the film's world. Most of all, it has one ingredient lacking in any blockbuster I have seen this summer: FUN!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks