What's new

Extra Blueprint BPD1503 information (yummy) (1 Viewer)

About the BPD1503...
Link Removed
Mmm... 39.4 mm of ONE WAY xmech....
makes me want one... real... real... bad...
You know, I've modeled this thing and it seems like a hell of a candidate for a linkwitz transformed sealed box... gobs of xmax... with good power handling to boot and nice sensitivity.
- Rick

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
quote: Seems impressive, although I'd wait for actual Dumax results.[/quote]
That's a very good idea. I'd also suggest waiting for an early buyer to test and see if what's being shipped meets the same specs as the driver that was DUMAX tested.
[Edited last by ThomasW on July 12, 2001 at 09:19 AM]

Well, Pat did say that they used 71% of the rest BL value as the Xmag - I don't think he'd outright lie to a customer because that could get him in some real trouble. Since 71% of rest BL is exactly what DUMAX uses to test their drivers, I'll bet that once DUMAXed, it'll come out to the same value they gave +/-10%.
Considering their gap topology and VC winding height, their claimed 22.5mm one-way Xmax is not at all outrageous - I wouldn't be surprised if it gave even more.
Don't forget that DUMAX testing costs money. the BPD1503 is already pretty much the cheapest driver of its kind out there - every extra cost to Blueprint has to be passed on to the customer.
Personally, for the price this thing costs, I'll take Pat's word for it and get one to test myself. It won't take more than a few people to buy them and verify them to see if the specs are accurate or not, and money saved by not DUMAX testing them is money that goes back into the consumer's pocket.
- Rick
[Edited last by Rick Chwiendacz on July 12, 2001 at 10:50 AM]

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Personally, for the price this thing costs, I'll take Pat's word for it and get one to test myself.
Great, be sure to report your findings. I hope it's all it says it is. I don't mean to impugn Pat (I don't know anything about him), I just take manufacturer's specs with a grain of salt. If the Xmax is close to the spec, I think your Linkwitz/transform idea is a great one.
I do hope one gets sent off to DLC, though.

Julian Data

Second Unit
Rick,
Thanks for the link towards the info. As I stated earlier in another thread, I would wait for the DUMAX test. Do they plan on sending their drivers to DLC? I just feel comfortable if a third party source measures the driver, which is no disrespect towards Pat & Co.
Although, I wouldn't mind looking for someone that has the driver to measure it and test it out to see the results.
------------------

Seungsoo Hwang

Stunt Coordinator
If one does get sent off to DLC, is there interest in trying to get a group purchase discount sometime in the future?

Julian Data

Second Unit
That could be a possibility. :)
But those drivers are already at a bargain for what it says "on paper".
------------------

Daniel Marx

Auditioning
I've recently just caught sight of this new 15" driver and my first reaction was, "That's the same TC Sounds driver I've used!" Have we already determined the TC Sounds is the OEM for this driver? Case being, I would very much agree with the specifications as outlined by BPD. Remember back when Rudi Blondia was offering the TC Sounds driver with near idenctical specs, well I bought two of them and they definitely stand up to their claim. My partner is still using one in his home theater and he absolutely loves it.
Now I'm not saying that this driver by BPD is the same speaker because it's obvious that it's not. But granted it models the same, looks close to the same (basket, cone, expcept for the magnet) and has similar specs, I would jump all over this deal while it lasts. Rudi was selling the driver I bought for $249 so at 219, it's a steal.
If you want to see one possible application of a driver like this (without PR's) then check out my site. www.audioinnovation.com
See ya!
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks