What's new

External Xover with Anthem AVM-20? (1 Viewer)

I have a Paradigm X-30 crossover I got with my Servo-15. I have been using it only as a volume control. Is there any advantage to using the X-30 to filter the fronts rather than the pre-pro? I am using Paradigm Studio 60s as mains. Thanks.

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Daniel,

"Is there any advantage to using the X-30 to filter the fronts rather than the pre-pro?"

There are a couple of reasons why you might want to do this. If you have decided to set up the AVM-20 with the mains as "large" and sub as "no" (which would route any present LFE (.1) channel through the mains), then you would need an external crossover for the mains and sub.

If you decide to use the subout on the AVM-20 directly to the Servo-15, you still might want the X-30 in the chain primarily for its phase control. If you have the AVM-20 v2.0, then that has built-in phase control for the subwoofer, so you wouldn't need the X-30 in this situation.

Michaek

I was intrigued with the AVM-20s setting of front=large, sub=yes which reroutes the lfe, center and surround bass to the sub, and leaves the fronts intact. I wanted to insert the X-30 in the front channels to utilize the Analog (non DSP) inputs with bass management. I can't figure out the wiring logistics, however, since the X-30 only has one pair of inputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks