What's new

Experience with HD OTA (1 Viewer)

Jay_Leonard

Stunt Coordinator
I am nearing completion of the reconstruction of my living room (it looks a lot like a Home Theater but it is a living room). I live in the Metro Boston Area so there is a lot of OTA Digital brodcast available, as a result, we decided to put up a Directional UHF antenna in addition to the DTV dish to be installed at the end of the month.

I am interested in two things from this forum.

1, recomendations as to what antenna to use and any routing schemes, or installation stratagies that I might need to know and. . .

2, your experience with OTA signals.

Our intention is to have the Dish guy put up the antenna at the same time he will be up there any way...but maybe I am being

Thank you,

J

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Jay, welcome to the forum. Obviously you are not terribly far from the broadcast towers and something like a Channel Master (www.channelmaster.com) 4-Bay Bow-Tie would not be a bad choice. It is not terribly big and is about $21 from places like www.warrenelectronics.com. The 1st stepi s to make sure that all the broadcasting is done from the same direction. You can look at sites like http://ww2.titantv.com/ttv/news/news.asp and
http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.asp
Antenna Web actually helps you choose an antenna. You put your address in and it shows you the type of antenna needed (e.g. depending on your distance from the broadcast towers) and also which direction from your house the antenna needs to be pointed.
I currently have more than one antenna in my attic (homeowner assn. restrictions). I have one big all-in-one (10 ft.) that allows me to get all Baltimore and Washington and since certain Washington stations are located in another direction, I have one of the Channel Master Bow-Ties on an A/B switch. I have live in other places with a huge outdoor on a mast with a rotor and also where I had roof top restricctions and had to have 3 in the attic, one separate for FM. Try Antenna Web 1st.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks