What's new

Everwood 11/17/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Talk about a semi-uplifting tearjerker of an episode. All that was missing was Billy Joel's "Tell Her About It" in the background.

In helping a stutterer get over his fear of telling the girl he likes how he feels, Andy finds more resolve in pursuing Linda. Harold puts 2 and 2 together, and convinces Linda that she must tell Andy about her HIV condition and let him make up his own mind. Andy's reaction to the news was more heartbreaking than earlier when Linda just tells him that she wasn't interested in him romantically (as a self-defense mechanism).

Madison lets her guard down and confesses to Ephram that she's in love with him, and the timing is terrible since she's 20, and he's 16. Sarah Lancaster did some good work in her scenes, showing a lot of vulnerability and confusion over her emotions and feelings towards Ephram.

Amy finds a connection with a guy who's got a storied past in rehab (for alcohol abuse, not the more grandiose story of meth-abuse). This has the making of a big trainwreck (plus, given the previews, it's where it's headed).

Overall, another solid episode with plenty of emotion and heart.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Do you know why this show is so hard to talk about? Because it's consistently good. Since we don't have anything to complain about it just turns into a "yeah, that was a good episode" thread.

And that's the way I like it.

So, with all of that said:

Yeah, that was a good episode.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I loved this episode. It was a great example of almost all of the ensemble cast getting their moment to shine. The number of intergrated storylines was daunting (Ephram & Madison, Amy abbott & the new guy, Dr brown and the stutterer, Dr. brown and Linda, Harold giving Linda tips on getting out of the relationship and then finally taking a round for Andy at the end, Delia's slumber party, Bright running interference for Ephram, Edna trying to discourage Andy while dealing with Linda's revelation herself)
But all were intertwined and expertly handled. It wasn't an event episode in the traditional sense, but it's never the less a standout.
Most of all, Linda's character, which I haven't really liked, finally became real tonight. It was great to see her vulnerability and indecisiveness. It really humanized the role.
One of my favorites on television. Next week looks even better!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Gregory Smith plays and plays well, but it's not the caliber that the character plays. I very much doubt that those are usually Smith's hands in the close-up shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks