What's new

Ever stopped watching a good show because you couldn't stand ONE character? (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I'm guessing you've never watched The Today Show? :)

And I've always liked Maura Tierney, although I find it hard to forgive her for besting Lauren Graham on Celebrity Poker Showdown. :D

Regards,

Joe

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
That showdown between them two remains the HOTTEST segment of television broadcast this year, and all while fully clothed.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I've generally stuck with shows that I've liked most parts of (which is odd, because I've watched a lot of shows), but the one that comes to mind as being almost sunk by one (and eventually two) was Wings. Now I know it's second tier entertainment that many wouldn't consider 'good', but they really carved out an '80s style show in the '90s when I didn't think it would be possible.

But all that was threatened by Steven Webber. I can't stand the man's 'acting'. Can't stand his line delivery. He just irked me to no end, and it was only because of the rest that I stuck in there. In a curious way, the addition of Amy Yasbeck only helped him because she seemed to be in competition with him on terrible line readings. Seeing a scene with both of them was cringeworthy. She's undeniably attractive, but as a comic actor she's right up there with Ron Eldard in a sitcom (who is curiously fine in dramas and movies, go figure).

All this in my opinion, of course.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Here's another one that comes to mind. The commercial shown for ages on CNN with Roni Deutch, the trailer trash attorney.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Hahah, that commercial always cracks me up. I loath her pronunciation of the word "twenty."

"Tchwinny dollars!"

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I quit watching every show I used to watch because I couldn't stand the character they started putting in the lower-right of the screen on every shot.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Latest entry in this log: Ziggy, from season 2 of The Wire. He certainly wasn't meant to be likeable but man, talk about nails on a blackboard.

--
H

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I won't watch Rescue Me because of Dennis Leary. He is such an ass as a comedian. I couldn't imagine watching him as a main character in a show.

I am also getting close to not watching Bones due to the over the top conspiracy nut.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Here's a quinella for you.

I won't watch The Apprentice (either version) any more for two reasons:
  • Donald Trump - he should have quit a few years ago. It's too annoying and embarassing at this point.
  • Martha Stewart - you couldn't pay me to watch or purchase anything that this crook is involved with. Watch her take down The Peacock Network with this awful show. I don't know what NBC was thinking. 'Nuff said.

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator

:laugh: I remember him. He was also on Baywatch for a while. You ain't kidding.

Someone I absolutely can't stand is that Kelly something or other who was in Life Goes On as the obnoxious know-it-all sister and now is the star of every single Lifetime movie ever made (not that I swing that way). Yech.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thought i'd revive this thread for a moment, i'm catching up on past seasons of The Amazing Race that my best friend recorded on the Game Show Network and I just finished season 2. Man, I tell you what if I didn't love this show so much I would have quit watching season 2 because of Tara (of the Wil and Tara team).

What a thundering, THUNDERING, THUNDERING Godzilla sized bitch! Nothing Wil did was good enough for her and she tore him down every single solitary second of the race (not to mention deserted him to make time with Chris and Alex), and poor Wil just had the look of a man who's spirit had been broken a long time ago.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Oh boy, I just started season 3, too so I guess i'll find out soon enough.

Jeez, I wish I knew how to get a hold of Wil, I feel like I should apologize to that poor man and buy him a round or two lol, that woman was freakin' unreal.

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
Logan Echoles, how Veronica could date that ass hole for as long as she did was amazing. I was never a duncan kane fan either, but thankfully he's gone by the middle of season 2.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Even though I've tuned out of KING OF QUEENS altogether these days since the relationship between the two leads has become too venomous, even back when the show was good, sometimes I couldn't finish episodes because of Arthur, the dad--his character drives me straight up the wall. Every time he comes on screen, it's like the show slams down on the funny brakes and everyone ends up a bloody mess on the Sitcom Highway...

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I'd stopped watching Family Matters because my tolerance for goody-too-shoes Laura Winslow wore out. It was bad enough that there were all these comedies at the time, where the women are smart and men are dumb, but her character just took it to a whole new level.

Same goes for Desperate Housewives, because of the Mary Alice narration.

I know this is a little off-topic, but I can't stand that British lady from the Orbit gum commercial. For once, I want to see mud splash on her, or see her get knocked out by some flying object.

Abe D

Agent
Real Name
Abe D
CSI: Miami because I can't stand the Horatio character. He takes all his cases personally, he talks with long pauses and always faces away from the person he's talking to, he removes his sunglasses in every other scene (drinking game fodder), and he's an annoying leprechaun.

Once and Again because of Lily Manning (sela ward), but I gave it a second chance and grew to appreciate her character eventually.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I hated Lorelai from Gilmore Girls. She really started to sour me on her whole character in Season 2.

I also disliked Vaughn from Alias.

Editing to add Lana Lang to my list of hated characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks