What's new

International Euro Blu-ray Review: EVERYONE SAYS I LOVE YOU (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This review is made possible with the help of www.DaaVeeDee.comNotes on my reviews: I do not offer plot summaries in most cases, as these can be found on a million other sites, but rather focus instead on what people want to know: the image and sound presentation, default playback settings, subtitles, audio choices, etc. My equipment: Panasonic TC-P55UT50 Plasma monitor (3-D capable); Panasonic DMP-BDT220 3-D Blu-ray player; LG BD-360 all-region Blu-ray player; Denon AVE-E200 5.1 Surround receiver. All aspect ratios are physically measured on the Panasonic screen, which has been set to eliminate overscan.EVERYONE SAYS I LOVE YOU (1996)LABEL: Smile EntertainmentCOUNTRY OF ORIGIN: SwedenREGION: All RegionASPECT RATIO: 1.78:1C/BW: ColorSOUND: Dolby Digital Mono.BONUS MATERIALS: Absolutely none.CHAPTERS: 13I have a real soft spot for this film, which is Woody’s contribution to the musical genre. All the actors aside from Drew Barrymore (who wore a wig because her hair was purple at the time) used their own singing voices, and most of them acquit themselves quite well.And it’s a fun film, sometimes laugh-out-loud funny, with a couple of truly inspired musical numbers, in particular one near the film’s end with Wood and Goldie Hawn performing impossible acrobatics as they dance in Paris by night. Pure magic.The main movie looks nice on Blu. The contrast and shadow detail are just right, and the grain structure is visible and pleasing, although some very minor DNR seems to have been used. Colors look about right. In short, a very theatrical appearance. Sound is the usual Dolby Mono 2.0, but it is fine – a good thing, as there is so much music here.The movie gets past the copyright warning and goes to a screen from which you choose subtitles from the following: Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish. You have to choose one to get the movie to play, but you can then immediately remove the subtitles.There are 13 chapters, but they cannot be accessed from a menu. You have to skip through to get the one you want, which for this film in particular is unfortunate, as we will have favorite songs we want to replay.The disc comes housed in a slightly thicker-than-U.S. Blu-ray case.This review was made possible with the help of www.DaaVeeDee.com

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
No, David. It's all region, as I wrote in the specs at the top. Works fine on my region A Panny.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Dick, would you happen to know if this Studio Canal box from Germany is region-free? It would be a more economical way to get 5 Woody Allen films that aren't available in the US.
http://www.amazon.de/The-Woody-Allen-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00FZ8CW4O
TheWoodyAllenCollection_BluRay-D-1_215.jpg

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I have the old DVD which is wide screen but not anamorphic. Window boxed and letter boxed. I bought it used since its out of print. Can anyone confirm that this is the way it was issued??? Looks awful on my big screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.