What's new

Ernest double feature Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I was browsing Amazon Canada and came an entry for an upcoming Ernest Goes to Camp/Ernest Goes to Jail double feature Blu-ray. The Ernest films are hardly cinema classics, but I grew up with them and still enjoy watching them. Has anyone heard anything about this release? None of the Ernest films are available on Blu-ray in the U.S., as far as I know. Here, they're distributed by Disney, but the Canadian release lists the studio as Vivendi. Any idea what one can expect from one of their releases? I'm pretty sure the domestic Jail DVD isn't even anamorphic.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I wrote some of the lines in Ernest Goes To Jail. I worked for him and Cherry Production for about three years. Then he signed the Disney contract and I was out of work. I haven't seen all the Ernest films but Goes To Jail is the pick of the litter, of the ones I've seen. I spent years in New York trying to get a writing gig and finally gave up. I met Jim because a friend from high school cut his hair. The day I met him, I freaked him a bit. After saying hello, the first thing I said was I took your course at the community college...and he is giving he that you are crazy look...I said remember that course you taught on how on how to get the most out of your new car warranty...then his face just lit up in a huge grin. I think he was shocked that anybody remembered his mechanic gig on Fernwood Tonight. Jim had a damn good memory. He still remembered the whole skit word for word. He proceeded to perform it for me and Mattie. I became friends with him that evening and it soon worked into a job as he thought me very creative and funny. It's absurd how one can back into a job sometimes! I had given up on being a comic writer about 15 years earlier.

I found a copy of Goes To Jail in the LD discount bin and bought it. He didn't even know what a Laserdisc was and was rather suprised when I showed it to him. I'm sorry he died so young. I don't think I've ever know anybody who smoked more. I wasn't surprised, really.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I always thought he could have surprised a lot of people with a serious role. As lame as it was overall, he did a good job as Jed Clampett. He was also good in a lousy Jeff Speakman film. I think some AAA director could have cast him against type and watched him give an award-worthy performance.

Goes to Jail was silly, as it was designed to be, but I liked it. "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks