What's new

Eric Clapton's Reptile DVD-A, can't get surround in advanced resolution. (1 Viewer)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Does anybody else have this DVD-A? I put it in after listening to the Eagles Hotel California and found that even when I choose the surround playlist I only get 24/88.2 2 channel sound just like the stereo playlist.

The Hotel California and the Joni Mitchell Both Sides Now I tried worked perfectly in both stereo and surround modes.

Patrick

Michael_T

Second Unit
Check the set-up of your player and make sure that you set all the speakers to YES or ON.
It seems that this Clapton disc happens to be one of the DVD-A disc that will not downmix the surround mix - so if you have any speakers set to NO - the disc will then default to the stereo mix.
This exact problem happened to two people on www.audioasylum.com with non-downmixable DVD-Audio discs and the Technics DVD-A10.
So check your set-up and make sure every speaker is set to ON.
The only problem you might have is that if you don't have, let's say a Center Channel speaker, but you set it to ON, whatever would normally go to the Center Channel will not be reproduced in the mix - since it should be going to a speaker that you have set to ON - but don't actually have.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Michael,

Thanks for the info. The only thing I don't have on is the subwoofer since I haven't bought one yet. I'll try it out.

Thanks again,

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks