What's new

Enter The Matrix (1 Viewer)

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
OXM has some nice pictures from the game this month as well. I've been looking forward to this one for a while...hopefully it will turn out well. Too bad the "bullet time" technique has been so widely copied--it seems like an important component to the game (as it should be), but after playing it in Max Payne et al, will it be old hat? Time will tell I suppose!

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Yeah and dead to rights using it to. It does seem kinda late for the full effect of it, but hay I cant wait to play it.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Man I just watched more of the movies for this game and I have to say that I am pretty excited for it. The clip with niobi sweeping the guys leg and then punching him into the wall is pretty nice. The fighting engine in this game looks to be pretty unique.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I love how they have the sound from the movie down perfectly. Both the bullet time and the sound of the fist strikes are dead-on. Very nice--those videos have really stoked my interest in this game. Come on, May!

Dan B

Screenwriter
Yeah Dave, that zzzwhooooop sound is definitely cool. I'm interested in the game, but I fear that my hatred of fighting moves in games will keep me from buying it. Looks pretty cool so far...I'm a bit weary because of all of the different types of gameplay mixed together in the game...too often when this is done in games, one of them ends up being really weak and/or disrupting the flow of an otherwise good game.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
one of them ends up being really weak and/or disrupting the flow of an otherwise good game.
Agreed. Apparently the Wachowski Bros wanted everything 'and the kitchen sink' thrown into this game. Their ambition is admirable, but I can hear it now: 'Were in not for the ______ portions of the game, it would have been a much more solid experience. The _____ portions of the game seem 'thrown in' by comparison." and other Gamespot-isms.

Looks interesting. Unfortunately, my work computer doesn't get changed out until late this week, and my current computer crashes when I try to run quicktime files... so no movies for me. :frowning:

Joseph

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I'm a bit weary because of all of the different types of gameplay mixed together in the game...too often when this is done in games, one of them ends up being really weak and/or disrupting the flow of an otherwise good game.
Agreed, and already the driving and flying portions of the game look like they might be spots I would have to "get through" to get back to the fun parts. I'm staying optimistic, though.

Good description of the sound effect, too! That's dead-on perfect. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks