Embedded Flash video

Discussion in 'Computers' started by MarkHastings, Jun 29, 2006.

1. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

I have used Flash MX 2004 and Sorenson Media to create Flash videos and post them on my web site, but I always have to do the custom loading scripts and I could never get a decent slider/navigation bar to work.

With all of these sites now using Flash video (like YouTube or Google Videos), there seems to be a stadard frame that the videos fit into. Going back to YouTube, is this framing (with the loader and the play, volume, stop, etc.) something that YouTube created or can I get this somewhere (i.e. a template)?

Has anyone used Flash 8? Is there an easy way to do like what they do on YouTube?

I'm not looking for streaming; I just want to emulate what they do on all of these sites.

2. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

EDIT: It looks like Flash 8 may solve this problem. I didn't realize these frames were included.

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

MX 04 had it too, the movie component in the component window. Flash 8 definitely makes things easier, does all the encoding right there too.

I like www.proxus.com 's custom flash movie controller though. Hassle-free & customizable.