What's new

Ed 2/6/04 (1 Viewer)

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Well if this is the final episode ever, it's a great way to go out.

Best $10 bet ever!

Glad the circus wedding didn't work out.

Great toast by Ed.

Poor Molls...although I think her gaydar was broken.

Sad to see this show go. :frowning: :frowning:
It's soo much fun to watch.

Bring on the dvds!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Man, talk about saving the best for last - best episode of the (too short) season. :emoji_thumbsup:

I love the way they set up typical TV life-changing moments for Phil, Eli, & Molly - only to bring us & them gently back to reality.

Some nice moments for Shirley.

Great to see a $10 bet again - and it was so well set up.

If this is indeed the series finale, they can be proud. Very few finales have lived up to the hype, but this one made me laugh out loud, and even moved me.

Farewell, Stuckeyville. I'll miss you.
Amen!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
thi, would you have the time to be able to elaborate?

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The episode was rushed.

The circus theme was totally lame.

Why spend all that time with Ed's friend (whom I don't remember at all)?

The final song wasn't good.

I felt there were phony moments, without the heart nor magic the show has had.

Shirley's scenes were really the only things I liked about it.

~T

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
Warren's imitation of Ed when he was in the suit of armor was hysterical. The wedding was appropriately romantic. I'm so sad to see this show end.

MattGentry

Second Unit
I'm going to have to agree with Thi, I didn't feel that this was a finale worthy of "Ed." Everything did feel rushed, and the circus wedding (although, everyone in circus makeup was funny), it just seemed...dumb.

Agree that the final song should've been better. Yes, I felt that they focused on Ed's cousin way too much, considering he'd only been introduced that episode (why introduce him at all? It's the finale, focus on the main characters).

Shirleys' stuff was pretty good, as was the "Phil-buying-a-lottery-ticket" storyline. The resolution to the story was better than I thought it would (Phil doesn't actually win any money
, which was a better way to go.) The Warren stuff was ok as well, nothing special.

I thought that there should have been montage of clips from the entire show using the "Moment In The Sun" song, either instead of Warren's video, or as the final moments of the show.

Still... I hate seeing this amazing show go. DVD's!!

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
anyone catch the cameo of exec producer Rob Burnett and who I would have to assume to be the other exec at the wedding reception ? They should have had Letterman be the convenience store clerk ! He needed another great role to follow up "Cabin Boy" :D

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
It's a sad day when Phil's storyline was the most interesting and the funniest in the episode of Ed and Carol's wedding.

Good time for the show to stop.

As has been pointed out, a lot of unnecessary stuff in this episode. What could have been a GREAT episode to show more of Mike and Ed's friendship was wasted, thanks to "Cousin Mitch."

Very little time was spent with the wedding couple. Poor Molly gets the shaft again, and in under 5 minutes!

At least Cheswick had some good moments, but I found the whole kiss (and simulated sex!) more than a bit wrong for the show.

For me, this season peaked with the second episode, where Ed's nephew filmed the documentary. That was brilliantly done.

Count me in as part of the "bring on the DVDs" crowd. I'll probably end up buying season 4, simply to be a completist.

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
So far, it looks like this was an either loved or hated it ep. Unfortunately, I'm in the latter category:

The Good: The last ten minutes, esp Ed's speech at the end. Shirley at the rehearsal dinner. Warren's Ed impersonation.

Not enough to compensate for the Bad and ugly...the rest of the ep.

They had so much to cram into the last ep, and then they introduce this Mitch guy? I don't get it, and it totally undercut the Mike/Ed friendship.

The Warren "video" was funny, but then went a bit too far.

I'm with Molls and Nancy on the "circus wedding" idea....dumb...although I will bet they had fun shooting it.

I will miss this show, and I will definitely buy the first couple of seasons should they be released on DVD. Season 3? Maybe...Season 4 probably not...

Goodbye Stuckeyville, it was fun while it lasted...

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I Tivo'd it, and for the last 15 minutes or so, there was no sound. I don't know whether it was a Tivo glitch, a DirecTV glitch or a Detroit WDIV glitch, but it was annoying to have to see the last act of the finale with closed captions, especially since Direct TV always seems to cause the captions to be off by a couple of seconds. :frowning:

Regards,

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I know the series has reached a logical conclusion, but I am really going to miss this show. I also hope a DVD set will be announced, soon.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Although the series has been top notch, this past season has been less than stellar. The show has run it's course, I think once they got the reprieve last year, it felt like they rushed the entire season to deliver this wedding. The classic Ed charm and quirkiness was put on the back seat and the the show lost its focus.

But it was fun while it lasted, and will be sorely missed as few shows will replace the style they had.

Hopefully we will get to see more of these actors in other quality shows in the future, but with the way the Networks are going with all reality all the time, 1 hour dramatic shows like Ed could be going the way of the dinosaur.

Brett_H

Second Unit
If anyone's still curious as to whether or not Ed's coming back, this does not look promising...

Anyone in NJ want to pick me up a bowling pin?

-Brett.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Yeah, looks like the end. I'll really miss this show.

Also, Julie Bowen is signed for an NBC pilot, "The Friendlys," along with Dave Foley and Ana Gaseyer.

From TV Tome:
The Friendlys centers on the fight between a recently deceased mogul's boozy wife (Gasteyer) and his spoiled daughter (Bowen) over the business.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
At the end of the last episode this season I was convinced this was the last episode of the series. After Ed and Carol got married there was no where for this show to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks