What's new

ECP 3100 CRT Projector (1 Viewer)

Robert_Chandler

Auditioning
I regret that I have to sell my projector. I moved and I just can't mount it in my new place.

Its an ECP 3100 I purchased from Curt Palme (the noted CRT guru/doctor/entrepaneur) last October. He serviced the projector and performed the "dallas" mod to fix a known 3100 problem (I forgot what it was). His description of the tubes at the time was "show very light wear."

I put approx. 50 hours on the unit from my HTPC showing only 16:9 format at low brightness and contrast settings.

This unit scans to 55 Hz and can display resolutions up to 1280 x 1024 which makes it a great HDTV projector. With a contract ratio of 15000:1 you're not going worry about black levels. I had great results using the projector with reasonable low light levels in the room. The setup is all digital and is super easy with an on-screen guide and if you have any problems there tons of online forum help. This is considered a great newbie projector with lots of opportunity for fiddling/tweaking. ECPs are well known for being reliable and throwing up great color and contrast.

Since I moved it has been in the original shipping crate and handled with great care.

I am asking $550 plus shipping (expensive!) but would really prefer local pickup in Ft. Lauderdale. It will come in the original crate, with remote and printout of the users guide.

My price is semi-flexible and I will entertain propects for trade for electronics. This one has at least 7000 hours left on the tubes and they are getting harder and harder to find.

Thanks for looking
RC

Justin_D

Stunt Coordinator
Just out of curiousity:
Is that 15000:1 or 1500:1?

I've never seen anything over like 3000:1, but if it is:

D@MN! Good deal!

Vince F

Auditioning
I can't see any projectors named in ECP 3100 in the crtcinerma.com
Can you post the link for the model please? Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks