What's new

eBay misinformation at its best... (1 Viewer)

JamesCB

Second Unit
This eBay post is absolutely ridiculous.

Very, very sad to see 19 bids on this crap.

I like how the seller claims: "They retail for $999.00 EACH and they are featured in one of the most well known magazines in the world, the 'ROBB REPORT'."

And go on to claim: "These also won great praise at the C.E.S.(consumer electronic show) in Las Vegas. These speaker systems cannot be found in stores, but can only be privatly orderd through the Robb report, they're web site, or at they're shows."

I guess many people really don't know what they're buying.

Quick edit: I just noticed there is an identical posting with 27 bids. So, so sad.

Bob Kavanaugh

Second Unit

I dunno, the (cardboard) box looks VERY similar to the Dogg Digital boxes I've seen on the web. Maybe some kind of special digitally enhanced supracorrugated polymonofibre shipping carton.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
He lists them as being 800 watts for the pair. Who rates speakers as a pair?

I've only known one person that read the Robb Report, and he was always trying to prove that he knew what being rich was all about. Why he was working where I was at the time I have no idea. I've never given that magazine any consideration, and I had no idea they had an HT magazine. Maybe I should take a look at it to see if it's just a joke or has any useful information.

Craig

Second Unit
The guy has sold a good bit of audio related gear and most everyone seems happy with it according to the guy's feedback comments. He's sold these particular speakers for prices ranging from $250-$330. They're no doubt mediocre speakers, but he's not robbing anybody. He really has the merchandise (in contrast to a lot of scam artists on ebay who don't deliver anything) and the people who buy from him are happy with what they get.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"Imported MDF Wood"

not that's exotic!

Brent
It also says something about a 12ich woofer.... good for the old scratchy LPs

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks