What's new

3D Earl Owensby Studios 3-D movies of the 1980s (1 Viewer)

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
Was pondering again last night about Rottweiler. Arrow Films are having great success over here and Rottweiler may well be the sort of thing they would go for. www.arrowfilms.co.uk
The Blu-Rays they distribute typically include extras others don't making them very popular with movie collectors including me.

If any of these films make it to blu-ray, it'll probably be through the efforts of Harry Guerro and Worth Keeter. Last I heard, it sounded like the ball was in Owenby's court as to whether things can go ahead.

Harry Guerro (of Exhumed Films) has his own video label Garagehouse Pictures specializing in rare and obscure films. I presume once a digital master is created they could potentially license it out to a Region 2 label if there is interest; it might be a good way of spreading the costs involved.

Rottweiler would be a good place to start, I also think Gremloids(Hyperspace) would have potential in terms of a UK release. I actually remember seeing that one on VHS shelves, so it's not as unknown as some of them would be.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Well, as with golden age 3D titles I will not buy a silver age 3D title that is not in 3D. The good news is that Harry knows Bob Furmanek so he knows where to look for a team that can do a 3D restoration economically. The bad news is it seems Bob and his 3D Film Archives colleagues are getting pretty backlogged (which I prefer to the alternative...).

Anyway, Harry's a super-nice guy and his heart's certainly in the right place when it comes to 3D, and if he can get the Owensby 3Ds onto blu ray I'm a buyer -- and willing to pay a premium too.

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
Well, as with golden age 3D titles I will not buy a silver age 3D title that is not in 3D.

- I take the same position, always.

Anyway, Harry's a super-nice guy and his heart's certainly in the right place when it comes to 3D, and if he can get the Owensby 3Ds onto blu ray I'm a buyer -- and willing to pay a premium too.

Likewise, Harry can count on my support for any Owensby or other vintage 3-D titles he manages to release. As was mentioned in this thread, Owensby considered 3-D the star of these films... so it really wouldn't make sense to release them without it. It's terrific to have someone interested in releasing these titles who gets this!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks