What's new

DVDexpress rumored to be in trouble again (1 Viewer)

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
I just read this on F@*$edcompany.com.
Apparently DVD Express, who filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy last year, was just kicked out of their home. From one employee, "2 police cars came to our Culver city office. Spoke to the president for 10 minutes. Then a sheriff told us to pack all of our personal belongings." From another employee, "Everyone was standing outside without a clue. A locksmith was changing the locks. No word as of yet of our status."
I havn't ordered from there in a long time but thought I would pass along the info. I would guess not to many orders are going to be processed today.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Jeff, I edited the topic header slightly in order to indicate that, as of right now, the information is still somewhat "soft".

M.

Joe McKeown

Stunt Coordinator
Well, the website is still running. -- not that that means anything.

I felt the move from DVDExpress to Express was sort of a despairation move. Maybe the company had thir rent escroe tied-up in Enron stock?

Joe

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
DVD Express used to be the best, cheapest, fastest, most reliable company on the internet. My history of the orders with them (from mid-1998 to mid-2000) is longer than my arm.
It's sad when great companies take a fall like this. :frowning:

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
That's about the same time that I bought from them. They had great service, but fell really fast.

Neil

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
Like Jon, I was another big-time buyer at DVD Express and later Express.com. I put in my first order with them (the Criterion A Night to Remember) in May 1998... and my last (Damage) in April 2000. In that time, I bought 298 discs through them, including 49 Criterion releases.
I once logged on to their site and added up what I'd spent at their store. The result: after reeling in horror at the size of that number, I resolved to never again add up what I'd spent at any DVD store. :)
But they fell hard when they fell: few titles in stock and a seeming inability to ship even those. Like many other customers, I finally got tired of making excuses for them and went off to find a new vendor (DVD Empire, in my case).
I'm sorry to hear that Express is having trouble... but I can't say I'm surprised. The bubble burst a long time ago: ever since then, it's seemed just a matter of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks