DVDexpress rumored to be in trouble again

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_P, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Jeff_P

Jeff_P Stunt Coordinator

I just read this on [email protected]*$edcompany.com.

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Jeff, I edited the topic header slightly in order to indicate that, as of right now, the information is still somewhat "soft".

M.

3. Joe McKeown

Joe McKeown Stunt Coordinator

Well, the website is still running. -- not that that means anything.

I felt the move from DVDExpress to Express was sort of a despairation move. Maybe the company had thir rent escroe tied-up in Enron stock?

Joe

4. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

DVD Express used to be the best, cheapest, fastest, most reliable company on the internet. My history of the orders with them (from mid-1998 to mid-2000) is longer than my arm.
    It's sad when great companies take a fall like this. [​IMG]

5. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Screenwriter

Neil S. Bulk
    That's about the same time that I bought from them. They had great service, but fell really fast.

Neil

6. Douglas Bailey

Douglas Bailey Second Unit

Douglas Bailey
    Like Jon, I was another big-time buyer at DVD Express and later Express.com. I put in my first order with them (the Criterion A Night to Remember) in May 1998... and my last (Damage) in April 2000. In that time, I bought 298 discs through them, including 49 Criterion releases.
    I once logged on to their site and added up what I'd spent at their store. The result: after reeling in horror at the size of that number, I resolved to never again add up what I'd spent at any DVD store. :)
    But they fell hard when they fell: few titles in stock and a seeming inability to ship even those. Like many other customers, I finally got tired of making excuses for them and went off to find a new vendor (DVD Empire, in my case).
    I'm sorry to hear that Express is having trouble... but I can't say I'm surprised. The bubble burst a long time ago: ever since then, it's seemed just a matter of time.