What's new

DVD Player (1 Viewer)

Shalen

Grip
I bought a DVD player today to go along with my non-digital TV. I was looking for a DVD that has a MP3 decoder and component output that played DVDs and CDs well. I was looking to spend under $300 dollars. I purchased it a Circuit City so I have 30 days to return it. It is a Zenith DVD-5201. Could anyone that reads this please give their opinion on my purchase. If you think it was a bad idea give me an idea of what you think I should have purchased for this amount. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Shalen

Brent Cantrell

Stunt Coordinator
PLEASE, don't take this the wrong way, but I've seen several posts like this lately:
Why would you buy first and THEN ask if you did good or not? If you're happy with that units performance, to hell what anyone else thinks, right? Are you possibly infected with a case of upgradeitis (like most of us), and are just looking for a reason to upgrade?
Just curious, I'm not hating or anything, just curious.
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...lias=BCantrell

Shalen

Grip
I bought it because I got the no interest financing for 12 months. I can take it back and the new one would still be under the same financing plan. So if anyone has additional input it would be greately appreciated.

Shalen

Grip
I havn't even hooked it up yet (just got it a few hours ago and have been too busy since). It does have component and s-video output and transmits DD and DTS. I has all the bells and whistles I was looking for, I was posting on here to make sure that it wasn't a total piece of junk and the person at Circuit City wasn't trying to just sell me anything. Thanks for your welcome.
Shalen

Shalen

Grip
I hooked it up last night and actually had a problem. It started to play twice and then I stopped the movie and turned off the power. I turned it back on and on the display the "Hello" stayed and didn't go away. I could shut it off after that, but couldn't open up the DVD tray. I took it back to Circuit City and reluctantly exchanged it for a new player of the same model. The new one seemed to operate fine and I did watch a full movie without any problems last night. Though I do have to wait 7 to 10 working days to get back my brand new "Saving Private Ryan" Special Edition DVD. I'll be sure to report any new problems that I may have. Thanks for your opinions.
Shalen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks