What's new

DVD Player Research (1 Viewer)

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
It's Tax Time and when that WONDERFUL time of the year comes 'round, it usually means upgrades for The Palace. One of the things this year will be a new DVD player. I'm currently looking at the JVC XV-SA75GD. Does anyone have any thoughts on it and how it would stack up against the Much Loved Panny RP91?
Please keep in mind that at the moment, I'm not really concerned with the scaling features in the RP91 (though with The Palace officially opens, that may change:)!), just how the the JVC would do versus the Panny in areas of playback, chipset, chroma bug, playback of problem discs like Disney's Dinosaur (which is still UNCORRECTED unless I've missed a staff meeting or something).
Let 'er rip!

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Hi Paul,

I posted this on the previous thread. Sounds like you're getting antsy.

The 70BK/75GD are 10bit/54mhz vs 10/27 for the 60BK/65GD.

They also feature the DD Decoder and DVD-A. I first viewed progressive from a 65GD and was blown away. I was not disappointed with it's interlaced either. But then I've always liked JVC's picture. Some find it soft but picture settings are now more adjustable than ever. Now I have the 70BK and have not looked back. Of course, the DVD-Audio is icing on the cake. The remotes are also near duplicates and very transparent operationally. Another great feature is true forward/reverse still/step unlike the new Toshibas.

Just my $.02.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
First, let me apologize for this thread. I started it (and reposted asking for more help) BEFORE I found the OTHER thread dealing with JVC stuff.
Mods,
Go ahead and close this if you wish, as I'll try to work off the other thread.
That being said, let me say "Thanks" to Paul and Keith for their replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks