What's new

DVD Planet for Criterion? (1 Viewer)

ShaunS

Stunt Coordinator
I'm planning on filling in some gaps of my Criterion collection and was wondering what your experiences have been with DVD Planet. As far as I can tell, they tend to have the best prices with nice discounts. I am in Canada, so any comments from Canucks on shipping charges and time it took to arrive (and what about duty at the border?) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
I've bought most of my (35-40) Criterions at DVD-Planet. I never experienced any troubles. Their international shipping is a little more expensive than other on-line shops though.....(but I wouldn't know about Canada)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I regularly buy my Criterions from DVDPLANET. I usually purchase non-Criterions from Amazon, but it varies.

I find their service about the same. DVDPLANET often has a significant number of Criterions in ‘out of stock’ status, so sometimes you might have to wait.

I used both companies’ services when I lived in Australia and in the States.

DVDPLANET has higher shipping charges for overseas (don’t know about Canada) than Amazon. Especially for multi-disk sets, as their shipping charges are on a per disk, not per item basis.

Time to arrive from order is about the same. It is very fast here (and was not so fast in Oz).

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I buy all my Criterions from DVD Planet, and most others from DVD Empire, unless Empire's price is the same.

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Luckily for me, I live and work pretty close by their B&M store in Westminster, and I can confirm that their prices are generally the best for Criterions (certainly the best B&M store prices I've seen). They've even still got several copies of the now-OOP Charade disc still on their shelves.
Their prices for non-Criterion discs are more hit-and-miss as far as getting the lowest prices goes.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I just picked up Criterion Collection DVD's of Seven Samurai and Yojimbo. Very good prices, good email confirmation, and I received my order in two days!
I have ordered from them before on numerous occasions, and they are highly recommended!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks