What's new

DVD Online buying - How to handle bad experience? (1 Viewer)

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
What action can you take against an Online DVD store when you have a bad experience??? Who can you report disreputable online stores to????

I ordered a DVD Box set from an online DVD store. For over a week, I waited for confirmation...and waited...and waited. Finally, I got tired of waiting and decided to cancel my order. I emailed my cancellation, and decided to follow up by phone. Again, waiting & waiting. Their phone is setup to always state that they're "experiencing a high call volume and can't connect you with a service rep right now"....:angry: I gave up on calling and just sent the email.

The very NEXT day, this online DVD store replies to my email that "oops, they finally mailed it JUST before they received my cancellation." :angry: :angry:

Who can we report this kind of thing to???

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
Sounds like DVDPlanet to me.
Joe, let me guess....you've had a similar experience with them???

I ordered a boxed set. Waited. Waited. Waited. No Word. I emailed them. No Word. I tried calling 5 times - on hold for at least 15 minutes each time before I angrily hung up! Emailed them again and cancelled my order. ONLY THEN (the NEXT day) do they email me to tell me they "just shipped it"! OMG!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Is there any DVD E-tailer that has a GOOD reputation that anyone can recommend?

Robert Dunnill

Second Unit
I've bought oodles of discs from Deep Discount DVD and had them mailed to a parcel pickup counter in a nearby border town. Rock-bottom prices, good packaging, no problems!

In fact, I just picked up my latest shipment today.

RD

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator
I also recommend DeepDiscountDVD. I've had nothing but success on my last 30 or so orders. Except for a Galaxy Quest-DTS problem in which the Dolby Digital(non-DTS) version was inside the DTS packaging. However, I don't believe it was Deep's fault on my Galaxy Quest disc, rather the fault of the company who puts the discs in the packaging. So, I still can safely recommend Deep as a great company to buy your discs from.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Dvd Planet was very reliable for many, many years, but those days are over since June.

You also have to balance price with service. The absolute rock bottom prices don't always go hand in hand with the most reliable etailers.

From a reliability point of view, both Laser's Edge and Amazon seem to be good. Laser's Edge is rarely going to be the lowest price, but they are very reliable. Amazon is also not usually the lowest price, but if you buy $25 or more, and can wait a couple of weeks for your order to arrive, you can get free shipping, which sometimes makes them the cheapest.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Some good suggestions for alternate stores but I will throw my support to DVDEmpire. Very fast shipping when items are in stock, decent prices for pre-orders, free shipping on many DVDs with the purchase of three titles, and a abundance of coupons.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I've started to use Digital Eyes more and more lately. Again, not always the lowest price although sometimes they are. Plus they will accept PAYPAL - I often have a PAYPAL balance and so avoid adding another credit card charge (you don't have to have a balance; you can use the credit card in your PAYPAL account). Quick shipping.

Dvd Empire, though, seems to have everyone beat for quick shipping; your order will ship today if it's placed before 4:00PM and it's in stock.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Amazon is also not usually the lowest price, but if you buy $25 or more, and can wait a couple of weeks for your order to arrive, you can get free shipping, which sometimes makes them the cheapest.
Couple of weeks? As I wrote in another thread, with free shipping, which I always use, it takes 3 days tops. I can post my tracking info.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well it varies, but it probably averages a week for me. Only once did I get it in 3 days, and it has taken 2 weeks. It might have something to do with where you're located relative to them, and how they decide to ship it (I've got it UPS, USPS, as well as USPS air).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks