What's new

DVD Audio problem on Imaginary Day (1 Viewer)

Jeff O.

Stunt Coordinator
Just got my new Toshiba 4700 to try out DVD audio. The first disk I got was Pat Metheny Imaginary Day. I really like the disk and multichannel audio, but I am not sure if there is a problem with the player or the disk. At the very beginning of the first song, there is a drum whack and I get a minor crackling for a second (sounds like a clipping or distorted amp, although that isn't it because it happens even at very low volume). There is also some crackling in the center speaker for 1 or 2 seconds at one point (I can't remember which song right now). I think it must be either the DVD audio track on the disk, or the decoder itself because it happens at the same point on the disk every time. Also, I don't hear these things if I play the DD soundtrack either using the decoder in the Toshiba or my amp (Yamaha RX-V1000). Has anyone experienced something similar with this disk?

Thanks-Jeff

Michael_T

Second Unit
I have this disc and a Technics DVD-A10. The disc plays flawlessly in DVD-Audio - never heard a crackle or distortion.

I suspect you should check further.

Jeff O.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Michael, I suspected as much. I hope that I can take this disk back and replace it first. Hopefully it is the disk itself and not the decoder.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks