What's new

Dumb question, but how much diff. between a SA-WM40 and a Shiva? (1 Viewer)

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Jeff's recommendation of the PE vinyl laminate is a good one. If you want to save even more money just paint the MDF. If you do make sure you prime it well especially on the end cuts because it will really soak it up. You can spray the paint on for a smooth finish or I've had really good results using a roller with a fine nap for a bit of texture. It all depends on the finish you are after.

Rich Kraus

Stunt Coordinator
leap of faith? I upgraded form a first gen NHT 10" sub to my 2 tempest IB.

If you build a shiva based sub and are unhappy (really unlikley) you can always take it appart and re sell the driver and amp. I cut a hole in the wall to facilitate my sub. kinda hard to sell that :)

The shiva is an awsome driver for the price (actually its an awsome driver in general), and will definatly make you smile.

Jeff Braddock

Second Unit
I did consider the laminate option, but I have never worked with it before so I was somewhat leery. (big risk taker huh? :)) I read the installation instructions on the PE website and it looked pretty simple. Is it as easy as they make it look? Also, what order would you install everything?

As far as the finish I am looking for, I would like it to pretty well match the Paradigms. Not real shiny or anything.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks