What's new

Dukes of Hazzard Season 6--May 30, 2006 (1 Viewer)

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
According to tvshowsondvd.com Warner Bros. has announced the season 6 release of Dukes of Hazzard on 5/30. Oddly enough, this will mark a return to the flip discs they used in the first few seasons. It's 4 discs, double-sided, with extras to be announced later. Also, they have returned to featuring just Bo and Luke on the cover (in a still from season 2 or 3). I'm wondering if low sales on the last season prompted WB to implement some cost-saving maneuvers by returning to the flippers.
Despite this, I'm still looking forward to the set (it features the great 2-parter "Undercover Dukes", arguably the last truly outstanding episode of the series). It also seems to be a safe bet that WB will have the 7th (and final) season out before Christmas.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Kinda bummed about the flippers I liked the disc art on the previous 2 seasons. But atleast its announced :)

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking forward to this one, but I'm not sure about season 7. I've only seen this show in reruns, but never the season 7 reruns.

What about the rest of you fans? I hear and read that season 7 uses minatures for the jumps and introduces an alien in the last 3 or 4 episodes. What should I do? Buy it and watch in spite of the fake jumps? If I do this, for sure I'll just take the last disk and break it in half and throw it in the trash. Ain't no way I'm watching an alien on this show.

JeffO

Ed_City

Agent
Yeah season 7 is gonzo - Robots, Aliens, anger inducing potion, models, and even a civil war era flashback episode.

BUT ... its great stuff!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I hope you're kidding. There are children in China who don't get to see aliens and robots on the Dukes of Hazzard.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Too bad the alien didn't get a chance to drive the Charger!:D

Seriously though. I still want Season 7. Just so I can say that I have "the entire series on DVD"!!

ThomasMon

Stunt Coordinator
I don't care either, I'll take season 7 too! I can't imagine anything that would make me not get season 7.

Lets also hope the two reunion movies follow shortly after season 7! (Or even with)

ThomasMon

Stunt Coordinator
Another thing, I'm sure the discs are not made up yet. Do you think if we write WB and ask them to put it on single sided discs, they would listen at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks