What's new

Dudley Moore...R.I.P..... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just heard on the radio that Dudley Moore has died at the age of 66. He had a brain disorder. He will be missed.

"Your a hooker?!? I thought I was doing really well."

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I had recently mentioned to my fiancee` that Mr. Moore was in very poor health and would probably pass away this year.
Very sad to see that become a reality. Thanks for the many laughs Dudley.:emoji_thumbsup: :frowning:
"Where's the rest of that moose?"

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
I got the Breaking News email from CNN.com on this about 15 minutes or so ago; very sad day :frowning:
R.I.P. indeed, Mr. Moore.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I was sorry to hear this news. Dudley Moore is a favorite of mine, simply because he made me laugh so much. Not just in movies, but in interviews on Johnny Carson, as well as other shows. A funny, funny man. He's made me smile a number of times when I didn't feel like smiling. I know I'll miss him.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Sad news. RIP, Dudley. :frowning:
Thanks for making me laugh throughout my childhood. My favorite memories of Dudley Moore are from Foul Play, 10 and Arthur and I'll always have a soft spot for that Unfaithfully Yours remake he starred in.
In recent weeks, I've been subjected to a handful of really BAD Dudley flicks (Wholly Moses, Romantic Comedy, Arthur 2), but my mindset was always "Man, this is a funny guy being wasted in junk".
I don't know a whole lot about Moore's early career, except that his Beyond the Fringe group is often mentioned as one of truly influential comedy troupes.
It's tragic to see what happened to this man late in life, and I'll always remember Moore as a truly funny man.
My heart goes out to his friends, family and fans.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Awful news, absolutely tragic. He was a gifted comedian, actor and musiscian. :frowning: Rest in peace, sir!
Dan

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Fox Movie Channel will be showing the original Bedazzled (in widescreen!) this Saturday, 3/30, at 4, 6 and 8pm EST. Watch it, laugh, and drink a toast in farewell.

M.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
He was a great comedian/actor. R.I.P. Dudly. He shall be missed.
Peace Out~:D

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
R.I.P., funnyman. Dan B. is right, Moore was also a talented composer/musician. Just listen to his score for Bedazzled and you'll hear he had the gift for composition.

"You must have really hated that moose."

Shawn C

Screenwriter
"He's got a knife! Do you think he wants some cheese?"

"What's it like being rich?" "Well, it doesn't SUCK" (or something like that)

"Dad, he's a millionaire..."

"You have my permission to marry him"

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
The first time I ever saw dudley moore was on a variety telivision show in 1966. He did a piano/song number with Cliff Richard. I was 8 years old. RIP

StephenA

Screenwriter
He was an awesome musician and comedian/actor. My favorites of his are Arthur, Wholly Moses, and Bedazzled. He also did a wonderful job narrating the Adventures of Milo and Otis. He will be missed by many.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks