What's new

DTS Troubles (1 Viewer)

AaronSeager

Auditioning
I'm running a Sony DVD player (both Dolby Digital and DTS onboard) into my Denon 3802 receiver. I used to get DTS to play just fine, but now, for some strange reason, I'm not getting the DTS signal. So my first question is, does anyone with the Denon 3802 know what I may be doing wrong (it's not the most user-friendly set, but I'm fairly sure I'm running it properly). Secondly, is there a way for me to tell whether the problem lies in the DVD player's output or in the receiver itself (short of hooking up another receiver to my player)? In other words, is the digital signal not even getting to my receiver, or is the receiver just not processing the signal properly?

Thanks in advance for any help!

- Aaron

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
Are you absolutely positive the DVD player is outputting DTS? Is there any way the settings could have gotten changed and the DTS turned off?

Mark

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
a power surge might have caused your player to go to factory reset, make sure you're outputting DTS, then make sure the receiver is receiving ANY signal. I would honestly think it is a player problem, more than a receiver problem.

AaronSeager

Auditioning
It's working now, and I feel dumb. The DVD player had somehow gotten factory reset and the DTS output was disabled. Thanks for the replies guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks