What's new

dts setup disc ? (1 Viewer)

lpodoll

Grip
Real Name
Lee
I am slowly assembly a budget system and am looking for recommendations on calibrating my system. I have not purchased an SPL yet, but am looking for dts and/or digital setup discs suggestions. I am especially having difficulty calibrating my little PDR-8 sub as the test tones of my Yamaha receiver do not output bass tones. I find that the sub sounds pretty crappy for tv viewing, but okay for music and music. Two questions for discussion. One, do other people have difficulty adjusting their sub for tv viewing? And two, do you have recommendations for setup discs? Other thoughts and/or links re: calibration would be appreciated. I'm in a little 12' x 14' room with wood panelling.

Bob D

Grip
Lee,

Video Essentials and/or Avia Guide to Home Theater will help you in calibrating both sound and video. They can be purchased just about anywhere. Do a search in Amazon for more info.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you're only concerned with setting up your audio, you may already have a disc for it. You can use any DVD with a THX Optimode section. Some that come to mind are Fight Club and T2 and there are several others. If you have any THX discs, just check the menus to see if it has an optimode section.

In the end it is still worth it to get VE or AVIA to adjust your TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks