What's new

Drop-out on REM's Reveal DVDA (1 Viewer)

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I put on the new DVDA of REM's Reveal album and right away on the first song "The Lifting" there is a very noticeable drop-out at :41 seconds into the song.

Can anyone who also has this DVDA check out there's to see if they have it too?

I must have a bad disc.

It's from Circuit City.com.

It's gonna be a bitch to return it.

Dale Van Minsel

Auditioning
Mine also drops out at about the 25-30 second mark. This only happens on the 2 channel version. The 5.1 version does not have the drop out. I am using a Technics DVD-A10.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
My drop-out is on the Surround Playback (DVDA) at :41 seconds.

There is no drop-out when I play the same song on the Stereo Playback.

Wonder if this a bad batch with quality all over the place. It may not be worth returning if there all bad.

Other than that one very audible drop-out, the rest of the Disc is fine. It has a great 30 min. Documentary of the band. Plus a nice video of "I'll Take The Rain".

This is a very good REM album. Shame it didn't do well. It has some strong songs.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Yes, I called CC on the phone and I can elect to return it to a store. Then buy it again on the website.

Or they will send me an email with a return authorization # to send it back and exchange the disc.

This reminds me that I have to go through all my DVDA's and make sure they all work. Sometimes I fail to go thru new purchases with the faith their's no glitches.

But this is the second DVDA that I've owned that has had a major glitch.
The other one was The Eagles "Hotel California". It sounded fine on Multi-Channel but sounded like an old record when played on the Stereo side.
The strange thing was the glitch wasn't there when I bought it but developed over time.
I would put it on to show off DVDA and then one day while playing it for my wife we both noticed the Stereo playback sounded like a scratchy lp. Lots of clicks and pops had developed.
I was able to return for exchange at Tower Records that time.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
The other one was The Eagles "Hotel California". It sounded fine on Multi-Channel but sounded like an old record when played on the Stereo side.
My Hotel California disc only has one side to it containing both tracks. Did initial batches come out as MCH on one side and stereo on the other or did you just mean the stereo track was acting up?

If Warner repressed the disc to a single side because of mastering problems they should have put out a notice of some sort allowing buyers to exchange their disc.

J

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Hi,

I meant that the Stereo Mix had gone bad on the disc. The Multi-Channel was fine( both Multi and Stereo are on the same side).
It was very wierd. I was showing off the dvda to my wife and she loved the Multi mix, so then I threw on the Stereo version and it sounded like an old lp, swear to God!

So make sure you go through your dvda's every once in awhile because unlike cds, there are strange things going on with them at times.

George See

Second Unit
I didn't notice a drop out on mine I was listening to the dolby digital mix. I also purchased mine from circuit city online.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I purchased mine from Circuit City online as well. No problems here.

JVC XV-SA70 DVD-A player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks