What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Stanley Kubrick’s black comedy Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb makes its 4K debut in Sony’s six-disc Columbia Classics 4K Ultra HD Collection boxed set.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)

Released: 29 Jan 1964
Rated: PG
Runtime: 95 min

Director: Stanley Kubrick
Genre: Comedy

Cast: Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, Sterling Hayden, Keenan Wynn
Writer(s): Stanley Kubrick (screenplay), Terry Southern (screenplay), Peter George (screenplay), Peter George (based on the book: "Red Alert" by)

Plot: An insane general triggers a path to nuclear holocaust that a War Room full of politicians and generals frantically tries to stop.

IMDB rating: 8.4
MetaScore: 97

Disc Information...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I agree with Todd about the film not being outdated and with all the crazy things happening today some military "mistake" could happen. One of the great war films of all time.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks for the review, Todd. I would love to see some comparisons with the recent Criterion BD release, to know if this is a significant upgrade over that transfer -- which I thought was excellent. I will not upgrade this one to 4K unless there is a significant difference -- that is, assuming that Sony eventually releases these films separately in 4K.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Great review, Todd; much thought and considerable time was clearly placed upon your reviews of this great boxed set.
Much appreciated.:thumbs-up-smiley:

P.S. Does anyone have the proper link or contact for the supplemental replacement disc to Lawrence of Arabia?
I tried one email address, but there was no reply.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks