What's new

don't wait to call that old friend (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i always thought there would be plenty of time to call josh, one of my good friends with whom i lost touch. we graduated high school together, and i don't think ive spoken with him since, it's been almost 10 years. as i wait for my friend to pick me up for josh's wake, i thought i could write a small note here, urging members to call up that old friend they haven't talked to in years, but have been meaning to get around to. josh was a good kid, i'll miss him.

www.joshrehm.com

CJ

DougR

Second Unit
This is True !! You really don't know, until it's too late.

Sorts of reminds me of the Movie " The Big Chill" !

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
One of my friends in elementary school was a guy named Chuck Latin. My parents moved out of town after I got out of elementary school so I didn't see him anymore. After I got out of graduate school years later I went back to Palo Alto to hunt him up. I went by his parent's house but they had moved on. But a neighbor told me that Chuck had been killed in a car crash in high school about a decade earlier. One never knows.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i never saw the big chill, but it's on my netflix queue.

seeing his parents again (under these circumstances) was pretty tough for me, can't imagine how they are holding it together. stood in line for about 3.5 hours, there were a lot of people there. everyone from high school i thought i'd never see. it's surreal.

the situation is ironic. he was a race car champion, but had given it up a few years ago, and he was in colorado, starting to teach a class to FBI agents about how to drive in the snow, and he was struck because of a snowstorm. apparently it was a 17 year old kid who never even saw him before he hit him head on. the sad thing about this story is that many people have their own version that happened to a loved one or close friend.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks