What's new

Don't Say a Word - Controversial Supplements? (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I saw this movie for the first time on DVD. I noticed at the very beginning when you insert the DVD, it says something to the effect that the opinions of those in the supplements are not of the FOX! This is the first time I see something like this. What is so controversial that they put that up? I saw nothing special in the extras!

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Fox now seem to do this as standard on all DVDs both in UK and US. Probably a catch all in case they slag off someone in the commentary or one of the extras and that person tries to sue Fox.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
This is becoming a standard, I believe. I've seen it on quite a few recent releases from various studios. Just some insurance, I guess.

jacob w k

Stunt Coordinator
Just what we need, another screen before we actually get to the movie, it seems to take forever to just get to the actual movie now.:frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, this is standard boilerplate language now. Even is on The Sandlot. Been discussed in at least two threads previously.

Daniel J

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure "the beginning" on the SW:E1-tPM Disc had the same thing- it's odd that they would start putting it at the beginning of the disc, though, and a real shame, too.

Remember when DVDs didn't have anything at the beginning, and when they did, you could skip it?

Then again, nostalgia has always been quicker than memory in my family...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks