What's new

Done the Impossible - Fan made Firefly documentary (1 Viewer)

I was looking for info on Serenity DVD sales the other day (hoping that DVD sales may help in greenlighting more Firefly/Serenity - yes, I know it's wishful thinking!) and came across this, which is a fan made documentary that will be released to DVD soon. The interview list looks pretty impressive, and it sounds like a high quality package, but I'm a little hesitant to preorder without more information.

Has anyone heard about this, or have any more information?

It sounds like something that could/should have gone on the second disc of a R1 collector's edition of Serenity :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Since it's fan-made, I don't know what the ramifications would be for Universal to have put this in as a bonus on the Serenity DVD package.

I did ask them about the bonus DVD material incentive they were offering for pre-orders, but the deadline had passed (the lucky ones will get some DVDs with the convention panel Q&A footage from 3 different conventions). I attended the ones at Dragon Con in 2004 and 2005, so I'm okay with not getting the bonus DVDs now, but it would have been nice to have them. Oh well.

I still might order one of these fan-made DVDs, just as a memento of being a proud Browncoat for these 3-4 years (since watching the original Firefly shows on Fox in 2002).

I caught the "not-really-the-pilot" pilot Bushwacked when it first was broadcast, but wasn't really charmed by it. At that time I was still childless, and Friday nights were rarely spent at home, so I never was able to revisit it until last year when I Netflixed the first disc. I promptly went out and bought the set and have been a fan ever since!

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I just had a look at some of the stuff they are doing for the DVD. Although it is a "fan" made documentary, the folks behind it are in "the biz". The interviews looked very professional and they say it was filmed in HD. What impresses me most about this is they managed to get a lot of the Firefly actors and crew to participate. Even Joss helped them out.

Too bad it looks like Nathan F. wasn't able to help them. :frowning:

I will gladly buy this once it becomes available. I hope they don't just settle for being a bonus disc on some corporate release. I would prefer that they stay independent. That way, when they get great sales, it will stick it again to the networks that screwed this series chances.

Joel C

Screenwriter

Actually, the not-really-the-pilot was The Train Job, not that it matters.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I finally watched my copy of the main documentary, and it's a bittersweet viewing experience, but brought back some good memories. With Dragon*Con just a week away, it should be interesting to see if the Browncoats show up en masse at the panels with Adam Baldwin, Summer Glau and Alan Tudyk. Sigh...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I might make it there early for that event, but unfortunately that event will coincide with the Dawn Look-alike contest on Saturday night (in terms of waiting early to get a good seat), but I do hope to snap a few photos of the Browncoats in attendance for not only that function, but for the Shindig that's happening at 10 p.m. on Saturday night (probably come in late for it due to the Dawn contest not finishing until 10-11, plus loitering around for the photos afterwards). It's going to be a busy Saturday night, logistically speaking.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
I still want to know if Summer Glau is a cousin of mine. There can't be that many Glau families in North America, although she doesn't look Danish.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks