What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

D'oh! Once again, no FUTURAMA! (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
After last week's new episode, I was anxious to see how things develop between Frye and Leela. I hope there is more to come.

Ric

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I've read in several places that last week's "The Why Of Fry" was the last episode of "Futurama" that Fox will air this year... :angry:

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Gee, a season with 8 whole episodes! According to TV Tome they have 8 more. A whole 6th season! No wonder they felt safe goin out of production over a year ago! Maybe they can break it down to 4 episodes and get 7 seasons!

This show deserves alot more respect than Fox has given it.

Ric

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, for a network that killed "Futurama" They certainly seem to be stretching it out as far as they can. What Gives?

James Grasso

Agent
I'm beginning to hate fox after the family guy was taken off the air. What's next, cancelling the simpsons??? Futurama is a great show that as you said, gets less respect than it deserves.

I'm sure you guys probably already know, but Cartoon Network is carrying Futurama now on Adult Swim Sunday nights. And they're getting Family Guy this month too! Woohoo!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Gee, a season with 8 whole episodes!
Feel lucky if you got to see all 8 episodes. In some areas of the country (like right here in Houston), football overruns meant we got see a grand total of 4 (yes, that's four) new episodes of "Futurama" this year! :angry:

James Davis

Agent
Are they also squeezing out as many voumes on DVD as they can? Only 13 episodes on the first volume. I'm not sure how many were in the first season.

I will still catch Family Guy and Futurama on Cartoon Network, but I'm sadden that there will not be more episodes made. It hurts the most when you see the shows that Fox replaced them with.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
On one of commentaries (pretty sure it's "A Flight To Remember" because they talk about the lateness of the Titanic joke but it could be "Hell Is Other Robots") David Cohen says that they produced 13 episodes for a first season but only the first nine were aired leaving the rest for season two.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I think Fox is spreading out the episodes so the series finale will be set in the present day (i.e. year 3000) by the time it airs. :)

Joel C

Screenwriter
Simpsons still gets good ratings, period. It is still a top 20 show, and one of the highest rated non-reality shows on Fox.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks