What's new

Does anyone know whether composer John Barry has retired? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Haven't seen any output from in for quite a while (although I admit I may have missed something).

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
He is scheduled to score The Incredibles next year for Pixar.

Neil

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I believe his most recent score was for Enigma. He's done a couple of "concept" albums made up of pieces of film scores that were rejected. Barry's reputation as being "difficult" seems to limit his film scoring of late. It's been said that if they want him to change any music after it's written/recorded, he refuses and forces them to either reject the whole score or get another composer to augment it: Mercury Rising is a good example (Carter Burwell wrote the dynamic action cues - Barry's were in slow-motion).

I hope he survives The Incredibles, as it was great to hear his OHMSS theme in the trailer.

Andy_G

Stunt Coordinator
I went to see Enigma not know that Barry had scored it. Boy, I could tell in about three minutes.

But I digress, I really hope he continues. (One more Bond outing would be nice).

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
(One more Bond outing would be nice)
Well, it seems he's passed that on to David Arnold, who, personally, is doing a fine job with it.

Probably for the best, anyways. There is only so many times you can rehash yourself...

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks