What's new

Does anyone know if my B&K 307's fire wire port will work with net command? (1 Viewer)

Andre*C

Agent
I Just received my new tv (ws55511)a few days ago and havn't set any of the net command features up yet (mostly usefull for my wife)and I was wondering if the fire wire input on the back of my BK 307 will work with mits's fire wire. That would be cool and I will go and buy the wire tomarrow if it will work. Thanks for your input.

AustinKW

Stunt Coordinator
Check with B&K. My understanding is that the 1394 port is unimplemented - it's there but it doesn't do anything. It is awaiting the adoption of an industry-standard interface between receivers (or pre/pros) and high-resolution digital audio players (DVD-Audio/SACD). Pioneer has nailed down the interface and I expect B&K is currently working on implementing the 1394 port in its products. Good luck.

Austin

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Austin is correct.

The 1394 input is basically there for show.

It would require a controller card and firmware upgrade to activate the port.

Regards,

Andre*C

Agent
Thanks guys. I guess I'll have to wait for the upgrade. Till then my wife will just have to bite the bullet and switch inputs to watch dvds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks