What's new

Does anyone have the "5 Film Noir Killer Classics" box? (1 Viewer)

Chris Cheese

Stunt Coordinator
If so, could you comment on the transfers and also on the set in general? I'm curious as to if it's up to the standards at least of the other PD transfers that are out there.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
C'mon Doug be nice...;)

Chris, the link Doug provided has Herb's top-notch review on the films and the set. It is a great value even at $49. Considering individually they run about $14.95. Also of note, in the movies section there is a lengthy but approaching advanced discussion on film noir.

Take a peek and get some fine suggestions.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...52#post2304652

Peace

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
He's not talking about the new Warner set, he's talking about this set:

Whether this is discussed in the Noir thread, I have no idea.

Chris Cheese

Stunt Coordinator
I was just wondering if someone could compare them to other current releases or not. I mean, should I get this box or should I get the separate Image or Roan releases of D.O.A. and Detour, for example?

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Pardon me, Chris. I wasn't trying to be rude. I was trying to help, and my sarcastic side shone through. Now I see I also pointed you in the wrong direction.

Speaking of noir, any news on Laura yet?

Regards,
Doug

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
PS I'm loving the Warner set. So far I've watched Asphalt Jungle and Gun Crazy. I'd never seen Gun Crazy before, and loved it. I watched it again the next day and listened to the commentary, and a fascinating commentary it was.

Doug

Chris Cheese

Stunt Coordinator
Those are the two that I've watched in the WB box thus far too (I've been really busy) and I did watch Gun Crazy twice, once with the commentary and enjoyed it quite a bit. Hopefully the other commentaries are just as good.

Back to the original topic - anyone?

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter

Passable, maybe, but still among the better transfers of these public-domain titles, which has a larger effect on their quality than their age.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks