What's new

do you guys have the McD's dvd rentals? (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I think it's still a test market here in denver.
Anyway, I used one last night for the first time, pretty cool.
it's a little automated dvd rental kiosk, select your movie, slide your debit card, and you're delivered a movie for $1 per night. (1.08 w/tax)
(for those that haven't heard)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
the machine scans a bar code on top of the DVD.
I rented the ladykillers, it was WS.
the girl next door was a flipper, WS/FS

you can return it to any kiosk too, not only the one you rented from.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Each DVD has a barcode on it, so it keeps track by that. (edit: philip beat me to it)

The titles themselves have all been widescreen so far with the exception of one that I noticed the other day. Can't remember what that title was, wouldn't rent it. ;) I hope that was just a fluke though.

It has been pretty cool though. The only folly I have seen is that it is hard to get good titles on the weekend. Those kiosks go out quick. I noticed a few McD's near me have added more kiosks which has helped a bit.

I've gotten some emails from them as well with codes for rent one, get one free codes.

It's a great bargain and I hope it succedes as long as they keep their healthy stock of widescreen titles.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I think the market they'll succeed in is travelling families, you can rent a DVD in denver, the kids can watch it in the car, and drop it off in chicago (when all the mcd's carry them that is)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
none, the bar code is around the spindle on the disc, so if it's not the right disc it won't accept it.

Don Black

Screenwriter
A lot of mom 'n pop video retailers are retaliating against McD's for entering their market by promoting Super Size Me.... :D

JasonMC

Stunt Coordinator
I used a kiosk. I rented Twisted and on the kiosk screen, it indicated Widescreen. It was actually pretty convenient. I'd try it again.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
There's a pretty good one on Alameda and Kipling in Lakewood. They've been a great source for selling and buying DVD's. Also one of the few mom and pop stores that jumped on the DVD bandwagon early.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
My sister-in-law lives for the DVD Kiosk at McDonalds in Brighton. She won't get them anywhere else. My wife and I tried it one time. Quite handy but you have to find the right time to get the more popular DVD's. So far my sis-in-law has gotten nothing but wide screen.

If Netflix continues to put me on the Long Wait list for the recently released movies I'll be stopping that service and just going by the local McDonalds to get what I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks