What's new

Do the different colors of lightsabers mean anything? (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
lol - Moodsabers! Perfect for something that originated in the 70's. I guess when you die the thing goes black (i.e. shuts off).
------------------

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I believe in AOTC we may see a few colors not seen before.
There were reports way back when of purple and yellow lightsabers being used by some Jedi. Darth Tyranus will also have a unique lightsaber,not seen before.While this isnt a fact,it was leaked that his light saber would be Spoiler:a curved or moon shaped saber-red on one end with a flame effect on the other
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung
[Edited last by JonZ on November 08, 2001 at 08:54 AM]

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the different saber colors were just for contrast during fights, so I doubt we'll ever see the same colors fighting.
------------------
"It is the customary fate of new truths to begin as heresies and to end as superstitions." - T. H. Huxley

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Things I would like to see in an upcoming SW movie:
While running frantically after an escaping enemy, the lightsaber in it's 'holster' on the waist bumps against the leg, acidentally turning on. Whoops! Hop... Hop...
Some poor S.O.B. picks up an inactive lightsaber, and acidentally turns it on while looking down the 'barrel'.
Someone gets frustrated and just throws there active lightsaber at someone. (kind of done in ROTJ)
Other light weapons: Lightdagger, Lightsai, Lightbattleaxe, Lightboomerang (think 'The Road Warrior')
We all know lightsabers cannot cut trough another lightsaber blade, is there anything else the cannot cut through?
------------------
-Jeff Cooper
"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

First, not just anyone can activate a lightsabre. It takes a whisper of the Force to activate it, thus the person using the sabre must be Force-sensitive (and want it to turn on).
As for what lightsabres can't cut through, there are no other answers that I know of without looking through the books. There's no particular substance that seems to block a lightsabre; random enemies show up sometimes with special armor that somehow resists the sabre's fatal swing, but this is only in the books and doesn't exactly apply to the movie universe.

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
laugh.gif
fruitcake
laugh.gif

God did that make me laugh.
PS don't forget Christmas cake
biggrin.gif

------------------
Where the heck is Plucky? HERE DUCKY DUCKY DUCKY!!!
Magic armour is good but it tends to lose its magic without warning. Many an ancient lords last words had been " You can't kill me because I've got magic AARRGG!"
-Interesting Times-

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
First, not just anyone can activate a lightsabre. It takes a whisper of the Force to activate it, thus the person using the sabre must be Force-sensitive
Thats EU and doesn't count in the movies. Also Qui-Gon said to Anakin in Episode 1, something to the effect that maybe he's not a Jedi and just pick up the Light Saber from a Jedi he killed.
------------------
norm.jpg

Link Removed
Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
First, not just anyone can activate a lightsabre. It takes a whisper of the Force to activate it, thus the person using the sabre must be Force-sensitive (and want it to turn on).
Um, remember Han in ESB uses Luke's saber to cut open the tauntaun? Last I checked he wasn't Force sensitive.
Also in TPM, during the Jedi duel, Darth Maul tried to penetrate the force field doors with his saber, but failed.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Also in TPM, during the Jedi duel, Darth Maul tried to penetrate the force field doors with his saber, but failed.
Probably because the energy field was a similar technology. I don't think there is anything of solid matter that can really resist it (except fruitcake
wink.gif
)
Jeff Kleist

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps the Trade Federation should have used fruitcake for their blast doors in the begining of TPM:
"Close the fruitcake doors! That will hold them."
biggrin.gif

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Maybye there will be the all-powerful Rainbow colored lightsaber! That would definately cut through fruitcake!
:)
------------------
-Jeff Cooper
"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Try as we may, there is nothing in this universe that can destroy the horror that fruitcake is.
------------------
-Dwayne
[Edited last by Dwayne on November 10, 2001 at 03:28 PM]

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
While not a scene from the actual movie, the Choices movie shows Obi with a Green saber, which is kinda odd.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks