DLS owners (placement question)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shane_Lentini, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Shane_Lentini

First off, congrats to all who have received their Tiny Mighty's. Due to the 2 feet of snow as far as the eye can see, my DLS has yet to arrive.

So where have all you DLS gents found the best placement for this sub to be? My room is 14 x 12, with the TV along the 12' wall (the sub can't be placed along this wall either, doorway to the left, stairway to the right). Thanks in advance!

2. Jose G

Jose G Supporting Actor

I think placement is something you will have to work with given the acoustical properties of your room and so on. I have my "Tiny Mighty" to the right of my sofa about 3 feet from the right wall and one foot from the rear wall. Sounds pretty good, but I'm still playing with placement- part of the fun!

3. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Shane,

If possible, start somewhere around 1/4 of the length of the room, which should be around 3.5' from the front wall. You'll want to play around a bit, but this might be a great place to start.

4. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Brians suggestion may produce the flattest results, if that placment option is available to you.
    Also corner loaded on the 2 longest un-iterupted walls will generaly give ou the largest amount of free room gain and excite the most freqs.

This (dose not mean) it will provide the flattest response though.

Every rooms acoustics are different and experimentation will eventaly bring you the best results short of bass traps and a better sub.

Regards
    Geoff

5. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

For best integration, 2 or 4 subs is better, but that's not always feasible. Although, if my driver ever comes in I'll have 3! [​IMG]