What's new

DIY subwoofer help (1 Viewer)

RyanY

Auditioning
I'm wanting to build a subwoofer to go with my Klipsch RF-7's. I've been looking around at subs for a while and decided that build a sub will give me the most bang for the buck. Here is what i've come up with:

- Eminence Lab12 GenII 12" sub part number 290-570
- 1000 watt amp part number 300-808 (its on sale)
(found them at parts express)

The preliminary plans are to have dual subs in a ported box of some kind. Hence, the big amp. The subs will be used mainly for music, however, it would be nice if they could also double movies. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated. I understand that this is probably a little over kill, but i want to be able to shake the house to pieces and piss of the neighbors. :) Or if any one thinks i should do something different let me know.
Construction of the box will not be a problem. I have a lot of experience with building cabinets/funiture, well pretty much anything out of wood.
Thanks for the help
Ryan

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Ryan,

You may want to consider a different driver since the Lab 12 is designed specifically for the huge "LAB horn" and it's mainly intended to have a high motor strength and power handling with a somewhat limited displacement, less than a Shiva. You could probably get better results from an AV15 or two if you're set on a vented box (which would be necessarily large).

This post could receive more attention in the DIY area.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks