What's new

DishNetwork DP501 p153 software... (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yippee, a search feature. Found out on dbsforums that p153 includes a functioning search feature now. Now when you have found a scheduling conflict between two event timers, you can use the search feature to find the rebroadcast. :)
I got p153 on Friday night and have used it a couple times already. It beats scanning the 7-day guide.
p153 also turned on some caller-id feature such that if you have caller id and the feature turned on, something supposedly pops on your screen with the caller id info when you get a call (assuming your DP501 is connected via the phone line of course)
Jay

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Cool. Is the search feature off of the Main menu? (Had a big Family party this weekend so I did not notice the upgrade).

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hmm, might be in the menu but it's easiestly accessed through the lower rightmost button on the universal remote. It has "search" imprinted above the button but until p153, didn't do a thing. Also the DishNetwork button (the one that lights up with the red backdrop) also is a nonfunctional button that doesn't do anything so far. Makes me wonder what plans does he has for that button.

Another upgrade I heard about in p153 is a working "time left" indicator when watching a PVR'ed event. You used to have to stop out of it to find out how many minutes remained but now supposedly, you can find out while watching it. I presume through the "info" button but I haven't yet had an opportunity to try that one out.

Jay

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Jay,

Did you "do" anything to get this upgrade or you just noticed it the other night? I've yet to receive the upgrade, my system info screen says version 150. I have my options set to download without my permission so I would think it would be done overnight. I wonder if Dish is rolling this out little by little.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Nope, you don't have to do anything, except of course turn off your 501 to get the upgrade. However, it does seem that Dish rolls them out in groups but I have no clue how they calculate when one gets an upgrade or not. I had p150 before I got p153 too...

I'm also in NJ, so perhaps you should get it soon..

Jay

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Strange problem with the new software:

I programmed it to record 2 shows back-to-back. It recorded them both in 1 item under the PVR.

The next night I did the same thing and watched it. This time it correctly recorded the first show, the little watch icon started flashing, it stopped recording the first show, but never started recording the second.

I called Dish Support who said it was a known problem. The solution was to turn of the power at the front panel. Leave it off for 15 seconds, then turn it back on? I tried this, but I have not set up any timers to test with.

You might want to do this as a precaution.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks